Sr. Cybersecurity Operations Engineer – Network & SIEM ToolsBusinesses United Technologies Corp. Headquarters Job ID 01293156 Date posted 02/11/2019 City Farmington State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UT6: 4 Farm Springs 4 Farm Springs Road, Farmington, CT, 06032 USA
With revenues of approximately $57 billion, United Technologies Corporation (UTC) is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products and services for the aerospace and commercial building industries. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney and Collins Aerospace Systems. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines. Collins Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products.
Ranked among the world’s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 196,000 employees globally.
The Digital Cybersecurity Operations team is seeking Cybersecurity engineers for our Network & SIEM tools team. The Cybersecurity Operations team is the operational arm of UTC’s Cybersecurity & Digital Risk organization. This role will be responsible for planning, design, implementation and providing 24x7 support for all Cyber network & SIEM related tools. In addition, the role will include maintaining stability of network-based security systems and applications, ensuring operational readiness, maturing network defenses, developing automated controls for visibility, providing secure design recommendations, and contributions in defining UTC Cybersecurity strategy. We also provide support to all investigations, incident response and IT activities as needed.
General Tasks include:
- Manage network-based IPS / IDS related security product rollouts to UTC and Business Unit computing environments
- Support email scanning and detection solutions to protect against phishing attacks
- Develop, implement, document and maintain network-based security product management controls, standard operating procedures, narratives and test scripts
- Work with UTC and BU incident response teams to improve cyber defense capability
- Responding to virus, malware, spam outbreaks as needed
- Working with project teams to ensure secure implementations
- Define key metrics to demonstrate program success
- Provide technical oversight, hands-on implementation and support for network security related product roll-outs and ensure integrations with centralized monitoring
- Assist in building out a global Cyber engineering capability for supporting 24/7 operational capabilities
- Gather use cases & requirements from Cyber Fusion teams in order to develop, deploy & configure solutions to aid in Cyber-related initiatives
- Develop & lead continuous monitoring efforts to assist in maturing Cyber prediction, prevention, detection & response capabilities
- 7 - 10 years’ work experience supporting Cyber Security tools in a enterprise environment
- Experience with network security technologies such as IDS/IPS (intrustion detection / prevention system), full packet / deep packet capture analysis, firewalls, and proxies
- Experience with enterprise log management, data lake & SIEM technologies (i.e. Splunk certifications a plus)
- Experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems. Comfortable working at the command-line.
- Experience with Microsoft technologies including Windows Server and Active Directory
- Experience with Cloud-based infrastructure deployments (i.e. Azure, AWS)
- Experience with automation technologies (i.e. Ansible preferred) a big plus including scripting background in Python, PowerShell, Bash or similar languages.
- Efficient with version control technologies (i.e. GIT preferred and DevOps related methodologies
- Initiative and ability to quickly acquire knowledge
- Displays a sense of urgency to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Problem solving and analytical abilities including the ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details and apply sound business knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of basic project management principles
Bachelor’s Degree in related field desired, work experience may be considered in lieu of degree. IT Security-related credentials (such as CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional) preferred. ITIL certification a plus. Master’s Degree preferred but not required
Location: Farmington, CT
US Citizen or US Person required.
Work could involve ITAR-regulated projects.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms