Specialist, Acct & ControllershipBusinesses United Technologies Corp. Headquarters Job ID 01293103 Date posted 02/11/2019 City Farmington State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UT56: 8 Farm Springs 8 Farm Springs, Farmington, CT, 06034 USA
With revenues of approximately $60 billion, United Technologies Corporation (UTC) is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products and services for the aerospace and commercial building industries. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney and Collins Aerospace Systems. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines. Collins Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products.
Our commercial building businesses include Otis Elevator and Carrier. Otis is the world’s largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways. Carrier is a leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems. These companies are leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
Ranked among the world’s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 196,000 employees globally. Most importantly, UTC develops future business leaders.
UTC has a best-in-class Finance organization. As UTC continues to provide products and services to our global industries, the opportunities for top talent will continue to be unmatched. Our high-performance culture attracts the best people in their fields – people of diverse backgrounds working together to solve complex problems for a better tomorrow.
Excellent opportunity for a strong leader within the UTC Central Accounting
Services (“CAS”) group. Record to report organization offers opportunity for leaders to be part of a growing accounting department and develop organizational processes to sustain and create flexibility as business needs change. Job responsibilities subject to change based upon alignment of processes within developing organization.
- Monthly journal entries, closing activities and account reconciliations related to various Collins, Pratt & Whitney, and/or Corporate accounts, including but not limited to the following:
- Asset Retirement Obligations
- EH&S Reporting
- Insurance (Auto, General Liability, Property, Workers’ Compensation, Group Insurance, etc.)
- Reserve & Accrual Analysis (Environmental, Incentive Compensation, Legal, IT, etc.)
- Departmental allocations including inter-company charge backs and miscellaneous entries supporting the business units
- Month end reporting including but not limited to the following:
- Monthly and quarterly balance sheet analysis and reporting
- Miscellaneous deliverables to support disclosures for 10-Q/10-K
- Participate in process improvement activities related to all central accounting functions as required, i.e. journal entry automation, support finance transformation, other automation efforts.
- Contribute to CAS by bringing innovative solutions within the knowledge base and work of the department.
- Support Collins, Pratt & Whitney, and/or Corporate accounts regarding any questions or ad hoc requests as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 5+ years of experience in Accounting or related field
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Familiarity with US GAAP
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Experience in SAP and/or HFM is a plus
- Ability to solve problems and recommend comprehensive solution
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization
- Excellent team building and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven experience in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.