Senior Manager, Storage EngineeringBusinesses Otis Job ID 01332219 Date posted 07/09/2019 City Farmington State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:OT999: 1CP - Farmington, CT One Carrier Place, Farmington, CT, 06032 USA
Moving people. Shaping the future. At Otis, we take pride in leading the industry we founded. There’s never been a better time to join our team as we plan for our next chapter as an independent company in 2020. We are the leader in elevators, escalators and moving walkways. We’re seeking a Storage Engineering Senior Manager, based in Farmington, CT, who’s ready to help us deliver on our commitments today, plan our strategy for the future and leave their fingerprints on the organization for years to come. The role involves working with vendors to implement and manage storage solutions, including NAS, SAN, Cloud and data replication and back-up, as well as identifying and resolving storage performance issues and providing root-cause analysis reports to leadership.
- Essential Responsibilities
- Works with vendors to coordinate and manage upgrades and refreshes
- Works with cross-functional Digital Technology teams (DBA, Server, Network, Applications) and project managers to deliver high-preforming storage solutions
- Works with Digital Technology customers to identify storage needs
- Manages the provisioning, back-up, cost and maintenance of global storage solutions
- Ensures storage offerings are audited and adhere to company policy and security requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, information technology or related discipline
- Basic Qualifications
- An expert knowledge of network topologies, cabling methodologies and types (e.g., Ethernet and Fiber)
- Experience managing and maintaining EMC and Hitachi storage platforms
- Expert knowledge of various operating systems related to fiber channel-connected LUNs, Unix MPIO, PowerPath and Hitachi Dynamic Link Manager (HDLM)
- Familiarity with EMC VNX, Isilon and Avamar platforms
- Expertise in managing and delivering mission-critical data migration projects locally, as well as between geographically dispersed data centers
- Ability to work independently and meet critical deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to document and interface with technical subject-matter experts, as well as communicate complex technical information to all stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety, and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms