Senior Manager, Global Network EngineeringBusinesses Otis Job ID 01340949 Date posted 08/05/2019 City Farmington State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:OT999: 1CP - Farmington, CT One Carrier Place, Farmington, CT, 06032 USA
Moving people. Shaping the future. At Otis, we take pride in leading the industry we founded. There’s never been a better time to join our team as we plan for our next chapter as an independent company in 2020. We are the leader in elevators, escalators and moving walkways. We’re seeking a Senior Network Engineer, based in Farmington, Connecticut, who’s ready to help us deliver on our commitments today, plan our strategy for the future and leave their fingerprints on the organization for years to come.
The successful candidate will have a broad understanding of all relevant networking technologies (inclusive of data, voice and video), in order to design operational processes and tools ensuring that all networking investments are moved into production properly, the operations teams know how to support them, and appropriate tools are in place to monitor global networks.
- Essential Responsibilities
- Holds responsibility for Level 3 support of all technical issues
- Engages with the technical support teams, third-party suppliers and OEMs to ensure that all issues are resolved promptly and within the pre-defined SLAs
- Owns the technical relationship with assigned vendors and partners
- Drives a culture of continuous improvement in supporting and delivering processes with a metrics and measurement mindset
- Installs, configures, builds and maintains network devices and components
- Plans for the implementation of requests and enhancements consisting of new business requests
- Acts as subject-matter expert and technical engineer for the implementation of global network solutions in the data, voice and video space across all adopted Otis platforms
- Responsible for network troubleshooting, fault detection, isolation and repair of global network systems for one or more company business units
- Responsible for new systems’ implementation and upgrades, including methods and processes for operationalizing global-network investments with a high availability and business continuity mindset
- Prepares detail level of network documentation and reports, as required
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, computer engineering or related discipline
- Cisco certifications are a plus
- Basic Qualifications
- Seven to ten years of hands-on experience supporting advanced network technologies (LAN, WAN and Data Center) utilizing various product platforms such as Cisco, F5 Load Balancers, Netscout, Statseeker and firewalls, such as Fortinet
- Seven to ten years of experience working with global-service providers and carriers within the telecommunications space
- An understanding of how to implement SLAs and other metrics
- Seven-plus years of experience working and supporting global network solutions, inclusive of routing protocols and switching technologies
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP, EIGRP, BGP, VLAN, VPN, Firewall, SDWAN and load balancers, as well as exposure to Wi-Fi technologies
- Preferred Qualifications
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience with different cloud services providers, specifically Azure
- Proven exposure and knowledge of cybersecurity and protocols
Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety, and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Position ID: OAK19DTINP32
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms