Senior Associate, Workday Payroll Support Lead (LATAM)Businesses United Technologies Corp. Headquarters Job ID 01377854 Date posted 12/18/2019 City Farmington State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UT2: 9 Farm Springs 9 Farm Springs, Farmington, CT, 06034 USA
About United Technologies:
United Technologies Corporation (UTC; NYSC: UTX) is headquartered Farmington, CT and is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products and services for the aerospace and commercial building industries. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney and Collins Aerospace Systems. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft turbofan engines. Collins Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products.
Ranked among the world’s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 240,000 employees globally. Most importantly, UTC develops future business leaders.
As UTC continues to provide products and services to our global industries, the opportunities for top talent will continue to be unmatched. Our high-performance culture attracts the best people in their fields – people of diverse backgrounds working together to solve complex problems for a better tomorrow.
About This Position:
Our HR Technology organization has an opening for a Senior Associate Workday Functional Support Lead. The person in this role will work with HR and Payroll to support the UTC business in the delivery and management of HR and payroll systems and processes for the Global HR and payroll systems, employee data and reporting. This role is responsible for the day to day vendor management of AMS provider for production support of the Global HR systems (Workday, ESS/MSS and Global Learning Portal). The role works with HR and Payroll to manage the Global HR systems to ensure systems, data and processes continue to successfully support the UTC employee’s data and transactions throughout the life cycle of the employee.
- Regional Tier 3 support for HR system related issues
- Act as liaison between Production Support (including AMS provider) and the HR BU’s
- Act as liaison between Production Support (including AMS provider) and Global Financial Services
- Act as liaison between the region and UTC Corporate HRIS Team
- Work with HR to organize and facilitate system related issues such as EIB loads.
- Coordinate the communication to HR and Payroll system stakeholders (HR, Payroll, AMS provider, etc.) for system related issues such system outages, changes, new functionality, etc.
- Identify opportunities for system and process improvements and work with your supervisor to execute plan
- Ensure the system stakeholders have the proper training and documentation for data entry, reporting, data flow, end to end processes, role and responsibilities, contact information, escalation path, etc. and communicate changes as needed to the stakeholders.
- Partner with regional and UTC Corporate HRIS teams to ensure the Global HRIS teams communicate and collaborate successfully on all aspects of system support.
- Ensure the local HR and Payroll teams are aligned with the global HR road-map, and we successful communicate needs and collaborate on system changes, enhancements, updates, etc.
The person in this role can be a full-time remote resource, with expected travel requirements to be approximately 25% (domestic and international). Travel needs are based on business needs and ongoing projects related to Workday implementation. This position can also be located near-site and has the flexibility to use facilities at approved UTC locations.
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Advanced degree preferred
- Workday Certification preferred
- Professional Project Management certification a plus
- You've obtained a Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years relevant HR information systems experience
- Ability to speak and understand multiple languages like English, Spanish, Portuguese
- You are a US Citizen or US person (green card holder)
- 3+ years as a functional lead providing Workday support to LATAM regions with a focus on the Workday Payroll module
- Advanced knowledge of Workday Payroll business process
- Effective communication skills in English, Spanish and Portuguese
- Professional certifications in PMP, ITIL, AGILE or WATERFALL preferred
- Workday configuration certification (preferred) and/or experience in HCM and other core areas
- Experience with HR SaaS solutions
- Experience on working with Vendors
- Familiarity managing operations using various Human Resources production support models including outsourcing
- Experience on systems strategy and road-map
- Knowledge of HR systems to deliver configuration recommendations
- Support on design and implementation of HR business processes
- Experience in managing global data security
- Knowledge of global data privacy laws, regulations and standard policies
- Strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills
Additional Skills and Abilities
- Ability to handle multiple sub project teams, tasks concurrently and meet deadlines, despite conflicting demands
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization
- Passion for technology and an ability to learn quickly staying abreast of cutting edge technology, industry leading techniques and other skill sets
- Ability to use quality tools and metrics to solve issues and drive business results. Strong mindset focusing on identifying inefficiencies and driving process improvements. ACE training and certification preferred
- Advanced interpersonal skills with ability to thrive in a diverse, fast paced, dynamic and global environment
- Self-starter with willingness to take initiative, support strategic priorities, take ownership of assigned projects/initiatives and contribute to results and ability to work with a minimum supervision
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms