Security Ops Center AssociateBusinesses United Technologies Corp. Headquarters Job ID 01287936 Date posted 01/17/2019 City Farmington State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UT6: 4 Farm Springs 4 Farm Springs Road, Farmington, CT, 06032 USA
Who are we?
With revenues of approximately $57 billion, United Technologies Corporation (UTC) is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products and services for the aerospace and commercial building industries. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney and UTC Aerospace Systems. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines. UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products.
Our commercial building businesses include Otis Elevator and Climate, Controls & Security. Otis is the world’s largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems. These companies are leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
Ranked among the world’s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 196,000 employees globally.
United Technologies Corporate headquarters is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to join the Corporate Digital staff to support the Security Operations group.
The Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst Position is responsible for helping to safeguard the company's assets, intellectual property, and computer systems in support of the company's business objectives. The applicant will be responsible for detecting cyber attacks, and escalating or remediating as necessary. The SOC Analyst works among a team of skilled analysts to address complex or difficult problems as needed within a Cyber Security Fusion Center environment.
The focus of this role is working within the UTC Cybersecurity department reporting to the Associate Director Cyber Security and Risk Managment and Lead. Job responsibilities are:
- Consistent monitoring of data streams from several sources
- Constant monitoring of all inboxes to ensure emails are dealt with promptly
- Responding to identified threats efficiently within prescribed Service level Agreements (SLAs) to ensure all standard processes are followed
- Researching website information to determine if it is potentially malicious and recording the results
- Identifying activity anomalies in activity and determining if it is potentially malicious
- Remediation of incidents placed into the SOC queue by other parties
- Escalating security Incidents to parties responsible for remediation or additional analysis
- Escalating issues as necessary to shift lead or SOC manager
- Following up on open items to ensure timely resolution. Escalation of older tasks for attention and immediate resolution
- Writing of daily shift handoff email to team to communicate any open items that require action during the next shift
- Working with various internal teams to refine the monitoring standard work to reduce false positives with identification and improve the opportunity for identifying malicious activity
- Making recommendations for adjustments to standard work as situations emerge that are not yet captured in documentation
- Ensuring any changes in ability to cover a shift are clearly communicated verbally and in writing to shift lead and SOC manager
- Monitoring Analyst is responsible for ensuring that if they cannot cover their shift, they have worked with their teammates to secure adequate coverage for the shift
- Various projects, reports, and tasks as assigned
- Monitoring web-based application for continuous uptime and escalation of any issues seen for resolution or investigation.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security, or related security discipline(s) desired but not required.
- 1-2 years of computer and network security experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of fundamental security and network concepts (operating systems, IPS/IDS, TCP/IP, ports, etc.)
- Demonstrated analytic expertise – to include ability to think critically and logically in a dynamic, high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Security certifications (e.g. Security+, GCIA, GCIH, CISSP, CEH, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft and Unix-based operating systems
- Experience managing and tracking vulnerability cases
- Experience supporting network security investigations
US Person or US Citizen required for this position.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.