Principle Product Cyber Security EngineerBusinesses Otis Job ID 01292809 Date posted 02/08/2019 City Farmington State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:OT494: 5FS - Farmington, CT 5 Farm Springs, Farmington, CT, 06032 USA
Otis Elevator Company, a division of United Technologies, is seeking a highly motivated and results driven cyber security engineer to join Otis Global Elevator Engineering. Otis designs and develops high quality custom software used to control and monitor elevator systems to provide reliable equipment and superior service to our customers.
- Provide technical leadership to insure application of cyber security best practices in the development of Otis products
- Work with Otis CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) to insure engineering alignment with company/IT cyber security objectives
- Work with global cyber security engineers to continually assess Otis product development, and lead improvements to overall secure product development.
- Support Otis product teams and global cyber security focals to help identify potential security vulnerabilities, create a risk profile of the system, assess & implement proposed solutions that eliminate identified vulnerabilities.
- Provide technical guidance to assist with development of key requirements and performance metrics, identify and down selection of cyber security technology options; architecture design, implementation, integration and testing of the proposed solutions.
- Support and deploy the establishment and dissemination best practices for the creation of secure systems, the implementation of techniques that are free from logical design and technical implementation flaws.
- Attend relevant training sessions, conferences, and summits that focus on cyber-security
- Stay ahead of the curve on the latest forensic and incident response methodologies.
- Ensure that new technologies are inserted into the next generation of products to provide a differentiated solution with superior value
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BSEE, BSCE, BSCS or related engineering degree with 10+ years of experience or MA/MS degree with 7+ years of experience
- Knowledge of the state of the art in security analysis tools and various product cyber security safeguards
- Experience with identifying and/or remediation of security vulnerabilities and safeguards with a developed product at the embedded layer and system layer is a key requirement
- Knowledge and experience in various security protocols such as HTTPS, TLS, IPsec
- Implementation experience of encryption standards such as RSA and AES
- Knowledge of Python, Java, & C languages is a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms