Payroll Governance Manager - LATAMBusinesses United Technologies Corp. Headquarters Job ID 01369584 Date posted 11/27/2019 City Farmington State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UT2: 9 Farm Springs 9 Farm Springs, Farmington, CT, 06034 USA
About United Technologies:
United Technologies Corporation (UTC; NYSC: UTX) is headquartered Farmington, CT and is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products and services for the aerospace and commercial building industries. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney and Collins Aerospace Systems. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft turbofan engines. Collins Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products.
Ranked among the world’s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 240,000 employees globally. Most importantly, UTC develops future business leaders.
UTC has a best-in-class Finance organization. As UTC continues to provide products and services to our global industries, the opportunities for top talent will continue to be unmatched. Our high-performance culture attracts the best people in their fields – people of diverse backgrounds working together to solve complex problems for a better tomorrow.
About This Position:
The Payroll Governance Manager for Latin America (LATAM) position will be responsible for governance oversight as it relates to the execution of contracted payroll services from designated vendors. The Payroll Governance Manager is responsible for proactive collaboration with vendor points of contact and key internal business partners. This role is accountable to ensure consistent, timely, and high quality payroll outcomes and serves as functional leader and subject matter expert with regards to UTC’s payroll standards in the Latin American region.
In addition to the above responsibilities, this role will:
- Serve as a payroll subject matter expert.
- Partner with payroll providers and business partners to provide strategic and tactical direction.
- Participate as subject matter expert in global payroll initiatives and key projects.
- Act as point of escalation for assigned business segment/s.
- Manage issue resolution process with key partners.
- Provide oversight to our Conduent Payroll teams, ensuring alignment to UTC standard work, deep knowledge of UTC payroll programs, excellent customer service and flawless execution.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and encouraging teamwork and engagement to virtual teams assigned.
- Sign-off as final payroll approver for LATAM countries.
- Display stellar Vendor Management
- Some Travel is required (20%)
The person in this role can be a full-time remote resource, with expected travel requirements to be approximately 20% (domestic and international). Travel needs are based on business needs This position can also be located near-site and has the flexibility to use facilities at approved UTC locations.
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required - Preferred fields Accounting, Finance, Human Resources
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification, preferred
- Payroll designations, preferred
- Minimum of 8-10 years end-to-end payroll/benefits experience preferably in a large corporation or outsourced/BPO environment with hands on payroll administration experience in the LATAM region.
- ADP GlobalView & Streamline, Workday, and/or Conduent experience required
- Vendor management experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with willingness to take initiative, support strategic priorities, take ownership of assigned projects/initiatives and contribute to results and ability to work with a minimum supervision
- Advanced interpersonal skills with ability to thrive in a diverse, fast paced, dynamic and global environment
- Must be able to multitask and have excellent organizational and time management skills
- Detailed/analytical skills (high attention to detail)
- Strong mindset focusing on identifying inefficiencies and driving process improvements. ACE training and certification will be required during first full year of employment.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms