Operations Leadership Program (OLP) Intern - Summer 2020Businesses United Technologies Corp. Headquarters Job ID 01344191 Date posted 08/13/2019 City Farmington State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UT6: 4 Farm Springs 4 Farm Springs Road, Farmington, CT, 06032 USA
United Technologies Corp. (UTC; NYSC: UTX), headquartered in Farmington, Connecticut, is a global leader in aerospace and building technologies. Our aerospace businesses — Collins Aerospace Systems and Pratt & Whitney — are redefining the future of flight with next-generation aircraft engines and integrated systems and components. Our commercial businesses — Carrier and Otis — are pioneering intelligent building solutions and services that enable people to live and work in more modern, safe, secure and sustainable environments. We are a company of 240,000 people, founded by some of the world’s greatest inventors and committed to tackling some of society’s biggest challenges.
Our Operations Leadership Program (OLP) interns will put you in the midst of a transformation that is sweeping across Operations and UTC. You will engage people, strategize and deploy initiatives using your diverse skills and competencies to meet extraordinary business and career challenges. Our commitment to our OLP interns is to provide front-line, hands-on, meaningful assignments designed to stretch your capabilities and enhance your learning. You will build a well-rounded platform on which to develop and exciting career in operations. This particular internship will be working in our UTC Corporate Indirect Supply Chain organization.
This position will provide support for non-product categories of spend. This role will support cross-functional teams covering multiple business units in aspects of UTC Corporate Operations strategy in leveraging spend in multiple categories of non-product. The cross-functional team is comprised of key individuals within each UTC Business unit and this role will work in a matrixed organization. Non-product commodity reviews to include, operational and spend analysis, development and execution of sourcing strategies, supplier negotiations, supplier performance management & operational support. Key commodities of focus include, but are not limited to, facilities management and professional services.
Measure of success will include cost-savings initiatives, standard work development and improvements and leadership and support of strategic initiatives.
Other key initiatives for the internship:
- Support the continued deployment of our continuous improvement operating system, ACE (Achieving Competitive Excellence), across our factories and beyond and become a certified ACE Associate
- Learn the core concepts of manufacturing by applying cutting edge technology and lean principles
- Develop a cross-business, cross-functional network that will expand as your career grows - Receiving mentoring & guidance from UTC Operations Leaders
- Work with current OLP Associates on enhancement teams to continuously improve the quality of the program
Intern Start: May/June 2020
Candidates must be a current US Citizen or permanent resident.
Education / Certifications
- Pursuing B.A./B.S. degree required. Operations related fields e.g., engineering, logistics, supply chain, quality or manufacturing strongly preferred.
- Minimum Overall GPA: 3.20 or higher
- Strong commitment and interest in a career within Operations.
- Proactive and results-driven individuals who thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Capacity to lead, motivate and influence through effective communications.
- Flexibility and mobility to travel/live anywhere in the US' and possibly abroad.
- Candidates must be a current US Citizen or permanent resident.
- Foreign language proficiency is a plus (not required).
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms