Operations Coordinator-FTEBusinesses United Technologies Corp. Headquarters Job ID 01284787 Date posted 01/17/2019 City Farmington State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UT6: 4 Farm Springs 4 Farm Springs Road, Farmington, CT, 06032 USA
With revenues of approximately $57 billion, United Technologies Corporation (UTC) is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products and services for the aerospace and commercial building industries. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney and UTC Aerospace Systems. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines. UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products.
Our commercial building businesses include Otis Elevator and Climate, Controls & Security. Otis is the world’s largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems. These companies are leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
Ranked among the world’s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 196,000 employees globally.
The Operations Coordinator will support 3 leaders in the management of the operational activities of the Cyber Security Identity and Access Management (IAM) team. The Candidate will be responsible for supporting and reporting on departmental operational activities. This role reports to the Director Business Operations Identity and Access Management. He/She will collaboratively work with UTC’s Cybersecurity project teams and Business Units to ensure successful completion of programs and operational deliverables. The Operations Coordinator will build effective relationships across the cyber security team, Digital, and multiple disciplinary functions. The position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Statement of Work (SOW) Tracking: Partner with Project Managers and Business Operations teams, to track and report out on deliverables status/ completed. May track actual spend in tracking tool to alert PMs when project is close to running out of money on projects.
- Strategic Materials: Create/Update monthly and quarterly cybersecurity IAM decks to various internal and external Executive audiences.
- Internal Communication: Working with leaders, the successful candidate will use creativity and sound communications skills to manage communications on projects, within the team and with stakeholders/BU as needed.
- Departmental Training: Coordinate workshops, events and collaborate with Digital University and ESP organizations to promote educational and training opportunities for Cybersecurity organizations. Partner with Senior Leadership team as to which opportunities are available and track team training.
- Other Duties as assigned, May include:
- Run biweekly operational meeting with Senior Leaders as well publishing Agendas, take notes, file meeting deliverables in SharePoint. Delivery of materials as needed for meetings and responsible for maintaining SharePoint (or other shared document site).
- Follow up on action items and report out on progress
- Provide departmental operational status to Senior Leader
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree in Communications, Marketing or technology field; equivalent work experience will be considered for this role.
- 5 years project management experience and/or organizational roles preferred.
- PMP Certification preferred, but not required.
- A love for technology as well as technically adept and ability to quickly acquire and apply knowledge.
- Proven hands on experience with MS Office with high level of proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel.
- Project management tools a plus
- Experience and desire to managing projects and activities using technology
- Problem solving and analytical abilities including the ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, deconstruct high-level information into details and apply sound business knowledge
- Ability to develop and manage project work plans, integrated timelines and possibly budgets with cross functional teams
- Ability to handle conflict through proactive action and direct and timely communication; thrive in ‘influence without authority’ environment
- Ability to perform in fast-paced environment with competing priorities and tight deadlines
- Proactive team player with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work independently, as well as work collaboratively with teams, some of which may be geographically distributed
- Embody integrity, represent and inspire highest ethical standards
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.