Margaret Ingels Engineering Dev ProgramBusinesses United Technologies Corp. Headquarters Job ID 01324394 Date posted 06/04/2019 City Farmington State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UT6: 4 Farm Springs 4 Farm Springs Road, Farmington, CT, 06032 USA
United Technologies Corporation (UTC) was founded by some of the world’s greatest inventors. We helped build the second industrial revolution and brought about a century of urbanization and globalization. From the electrical, mechanical and software solutions of Collins Aerospace to the aircraft propulsion systems of Pratt & Whitney, our products have shaped modern air travel.
Now, we’re looking for the best and brightest minds to help us define both defense and commercial aerospace yet again. By joining the Margaret Ingels Engineering Development Program, you’ll help solve complex technical challenges on a global scale and move our modern world forward.
UTC’s Ingels Engineering Development Program is an entry-level rotational program for top engineering students around the world that cycles engineers through four six-month rotations across our enterprise. Through this program, we seek to identify and prepare the next generation of top technical talent at UTC by building one’s engineering, leadership and business acumen through a challenging, fast-paced experience.
Our commitment to you is to provide front-line, hands-on and business-critical assignments designed to stretch your capabilities and enhance your learning. You will be working with a passionate, diverse group of people who share a common ambition to change the world for the better. Associates will receive high-caliber training, mentoring and guidance from leading subject matter experts and UTC Technical Fellows. There will be periodic report-outs which will provide significant opportunities for exposure and presentations to UTC leadership.
The program is sponsored by UTC’s Chief Technology Officer and the Technical Council.
Participants will receive a holistic view of UTC through cross-business unit rotations within various engineering disciplines to “see the product lifecycle” for a broad array of products and technologies within our global business units:
Pratt & Whitney (US, Puerto Rico, and Canada)
Collins Aerospace (US and India)
United Technologies Research Center (US)
Education / Qualifications
Currently seeking college students graduating either in December 2019 or May 2020 to join the 2020 cohort.
Selection for the Margaret Ingels program will be based on the following minimum criteria:
- Current student in good academic standing, enrolled in a relevant program and actively working toward your undergraduate or advanced degree
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field with cumulative equivalent unweighted undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or higher (all engineering degrees and majors accepted)
- Two prior internships or two co-op experiences in the engineering field with strong references
- Strong commitment and interest in a career in engineering
- Flexibility and mobility to travel/live anywhere in the United States or abroad
- Excellent academic credentials and fluency in one or more engineering disciplines
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, including the capacity to motivate others
- Energetic and results-driven, thriving in fast-paced and dynamic environments
- One or more technical publications or conference presentations are a plus
- Foreign language proficiency is a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms