Leader, Robotics Process AutomationBusiness Unit United Technologies Corp. Headquarters Job ID 58525BR Date posted 01/03/2018 City Farmington State Connecticut Country US
At UTC, we're in the process of rapidly expanding our digital capabilities and optimizing our software development processes. Together, we'll transform our products and services to create a more seamless and innovative digital experience for our employees, customers, partners and suppliers.
As part of this transformation, we are looking for a dynamic individual to lead the Robotics Process Automation practice within the Corporate Global Business Systems organization. This individual will provide strategic leadership and direction to the RPA technology organization as we create the team structure, governance framework, and operating model. The role will provide direct leadership to the technical team and partner closely with RPA leadership within the functions such as Finance, HR, Digital/IT etc, to enable RPA technology and devise an organizational strategy that can scale to support multiple business units and functions. An ideal candidate would be experienced in organizational leadership and technology enablement across multiple teams in a large multi-national corporation.
This role requires US Citizenship.
In this role, the RPA leader will:
- Stand up the central RPA practice within the Digital Technology organization, and partner closely with functional areas such as Finance and HR to create the framework and governance model
- Provide direct leadership to the RPA team within the Digital Technology organization, including technical architects, developers, and infrastructure resources.
- Working closely with the RPA leads in the functions, drive the definition for the engagement model, work scope execution, demand management, and production support.
- Own and coordinate the creation of the Digital RPA strategy, and drive the annual strategy and roadmap definition with the functional RPA leaders to ensure a cohesive technology and business vision.
- Drive and oversee the implementation of technical architecture standards, including processes to implement industrialization and scalability of technical objects.
- Create a tightly integrated team structure and engagement model between the RPA technical team and the functional teams that facilitates speed to market on demand identification, process mapping and automation.
- Oversee the definition of that can be leveraged across the business functions to standardize intelligent automation assessment process/criteria, including standard assessment guidelines
- Working closely with the RPA functional leads, drive the creation of a governance framework based on agile methodology for the end to end RPA implementation and ongoing support and maintenance. This governance framework should include the engagement model, process documentation, standards, release management, roles and responsibilities, and a mechanism for continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with the Digital infrastructure and security organizations to implement infrastructure in the cloud that will scale with the RPA demand across functions, business units and geographic locations (including on prem and cloud based applications).
- Collaborate with the Digital security/compliance organization to define security standards for the robots, including assessment against IT security policy requirements.
- Be an intelligent automation leader and evangelist, creating a communications strategy that facilitates education of our business partners and other members of the Digital organization.
- Create training strategy that allows us to quickly train RPA technical team members and functional process analysts on fundamentals, industrialization, best practices, lessons learned.
- Oversee vendor engagements for RPA expertise, both onshore and offshore. Create model that allows for surge capacity to support the ebb and flow of business demand.
- Manage the RPA budget in its entirety, including funding model with each of our business partners, statements of work and purchase orders with RPA vendors, and tracking actuals vs. plan.
- Communicate and present RPA statuses, education sessions, overviews and other communication sessions as appropriate to all levels of the organization, both within Digital and within our business partner functions.
- 7-10 years of experience within IT or technology
- Prior experience with RPA implementation is a plus with demonstrated experience standing up a new team in a multi-national organization
- Proven management capabilities and leadership skills
- A passion for current and emerging technologies, and supervisory experience
- Strong technical foundation, in addition to demonstrated management skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with a demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels within the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or related business discipline(s).
- Master’s Degree preferred but not required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.