IAM CM Senior SpecialistBusinesses UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORP. HEADQUARTERS Job ID 77700BR Date posted 12/03/2018 City Farmington State Connecticut Country US
With revenues of approximately $57 billion, United Technologies Corporation (UTC) is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products and services for the aerospace and commercial building industries. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney and UTC Aerospace Systems. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines. UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products.
Our commercial building businesses include Otis Elevator and Climate, Controls & Security. Otis is the world’s largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems. These companies are leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. Ranked among the world’s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 196,000 employees globally.
As part of the Identity and Access Management (IAM) organization, the IAM Change Management Specialist (CM Specialist) will play a key role in ensuring change initiative projects meet overall mission, goals, and objectives, of business and technology initiatives. The CM Specialist will focus on the people side of change-including various changes to processes, systems, and technology. The primary responsibility will be creating and implementing change management strategies and plans that minimize resistance to change. The CM Specialist will partner with leaders and teams to drive faster adoption, detailed release plans, and promote greater proficiency of the changes that impact workers in the organization that increase results and outcomes.
- Implement and apply a structured change management methodology within UTC’s IAM Department
- Develop, implement, and maintain change management processes and tools
- Lead project/program/initiative-level changes during all SDLC phases (preparing, managing, reinforcing)
- Lead communication efforts to engage stakeholders and mobilize commitment to implement changes
- Conduct competency assessments to evaluate and ensure user / systems readiness towards change initiatives
- Identify, analyze, prepare risk mitigation tactics
- Identify and manage anticipated resistance
- Develop and execute a detailed hour-by-hour / step-by-step release document
- Integrate change management activities into project plan
- Assess the change impact
Reporting and Communication:
- Communicate testing progress, issues and results to UAT Lead and other appropriate parties.
- Support the manager in the management and development of measurements and reports to evaluate trends and defects identified in both test and issue resolution.
- Work directly with UAT Lead and Business Operations Team using various resources (e.g., traceability matrices, Joint Application Development, system design/functionality walkthrough sessions, etc.) to ensure Business acceptance of new functionality and usability.
- Facilitate Testing update meetings with Business partners and stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities and makes recommendations for testing process improvements.
US Citizen or US Person required.
Qualification: Professional Certifications in Program or Change Management (CCMP, CMS, CPCM, etc.) preferred.
Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication ability, experience in presenting and communicating senior leadership.
Complimentary field experience - project management, human resources, quality and improvement
Experience in leading business areas and project teams to define and implement business impacts for process and system changes
Experience in meeting planning and facilitation
Knowledge of Organizational and Cultural Change Management best practices
Ability to use and understand various computer software related to carrying out essential responsibilities of the position to include proficient in Windows environment using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer.
Ability to work effectively in a team environment and effectively demonstrate team building attitude and skills
Ability to understand and explain decisions and recommendations.
Ability to understand and explain various subject matter and consult on concepts, programs, terminology and methods.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Project Management, or related business discipline(s). In lieu of a degree, 7+ years of IAM Testing experience. Six Sigma Certification a plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.