Global Accounting Sr. ManagerBusinesses United Technologies Corp. Headquarters Job ID 01379872 Date posted 12/24/2019 City Farmington State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UT17: CA-CT - Corp Nine Farm Springs Road, Farmington, CT, 06034 USA
About United Technologies:
United Technologies Corporation (UTC; NYSC: UTX) is headquartered Farmington, CT and is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products and services for the aerospace and commercial building industries. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney and Collins Aerospace Systems. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft turbofan engines. Collins Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products.
Ranked among the world’s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 240,000 employees globally. Most importantly, UTC develops future business leaders.
UTC has a best-in-class Finance organization. As UTC continues to provide products and services to our global industries, the opportunities for top talent will continue to be unmatched. Our high-performance culture attracts the best people in their fields – people of diverse backgrounds working together to solve complex problems for a better tomorrow.
About This Position:
The Senior Manager of Global Accounting will manage a remote team and will be responsible for the oversight and governance of payroll accounting over the Collins Aerospace business unit population. This position requires strong and demonstrated functional knowledge of SAP Accounting systems and preferably ADP payroll product experience. Strong networking skills are necessary to effectively collaborate with vendor points of contact and key internal business partners. Job responsibilities subject to change based upon alignment of processes within developing organization.
- Govern all aspects of the global payroll accounting process, focused on a consistent general ledger interface solution (ADP GL), standardizing upstream accounting processes within the businesses and continuing to drive consistency and transparency in a consistent, compliant payroll accounting sandbox.
- Oversees the payroll accounting process for the Collins Aerospace business unit ensuring all accounting entries are recorded timely and accurately. Manage the Payroll Data Requests relating to subpoenas and audit requests (i.e. internal, external and union).
- Ensure accuracy, completeness and timeliness of reports and schedules.
- Partner with Employment Tax, HR, and Payroll to ensure the general ledger interfaces are updated timely for all benefit and tax changes. Serve as primary contact with Corporate Government Accounting, DCAA and Business Units concerning operational decisions and scheduling requirements.
- Participate in process improvement activities related to all payroll government accounting, i.e. journal entry automation, support finance transformation, RPA, other automation efforts.
- Oversees all global accounting initiatives to ensure global consistency and local compliance with regulatory, statutory and legal obligations.
- Embeds and ensures UTC’s accounting best practices exist within the global payroll accounting process and culture, working closely with regional partners.
The person in this role can be a full-time remote resource, with expected travel requirements to be approximately 25% (domestic and international). Travel needs are based on business needs and ongoing projects related to Workday implementation. This position can also be located near-site and has the flexibility to use facilities at approved UTC locations.
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Advanced degrees preferred
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 7 years’ experience in payroll accounting responsibilities required
- Knowledge of total accounting and financial management both in systems theory and practice
- Experience in SAP accounting system required
- Knowledge of ADP EV5 and ADP GL is required
- Advanced Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Expert level experience in Payroll Accounting with a focus on government requirements
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) a plus
- Solid understanding of international financial and accounting principles
- Experience using ADP Payroll products such as Enterprise HR, Smart Compliance, iReports, etc. is a plus
- Professional use of Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills preferred
Additional Skills and Abilities
- Ability to solve problems and recommend comprehensive solution
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Strong mindset focusing on identifying inefficiencies and driving process improvements. ACE training and certification preferred
- Advanced interpersonal skills with ability to thrive in a diverse, fast paced, dynamic and global environment
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced/deadline oriented environment
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms