Executive Payroll & Benefits ManagerBusinesses United Technologies Corp. Headquarters Job ID 01285814 Date posted 01/09/2019 City Farmington State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UT2: 9 Farm Springs 9 Farm Springs, Farmington, CT, 06034 USA
With revenues of approximately $60 billion, United Technologies Corporation (UTC) is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products and services for the aerospace and commercial building industries. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney and Collins Aerospace. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines. Collins Aerospace is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products.
Our commercial building businesses include Otis Elevator and Climate, Controls & Security. Otis is the world’s largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems. These companies are leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
Ranked among the world’s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 240,000 employees globally. Most importantly, UTC develops future business leaders.
UTC has a best-in-class Finance organization. As UTC continues to provide products and services to our global industries, the opportunities for top talent will continue to be unmatched. Our high-performance culture attracts the best people in their fields – people of diverse backgrounds working together to solve complex problems for a better tomorrow.
The Executive Payroll & Benefits Manager is a highly skilled payroll professional responsible for providing white glove customer service excellence to executives and high profile employees, provides governance and oversight of the partnership with UTC’s BPO providers, and partners closely with UTC Corporate Executive Compensation and Benefits team to answer and resolve complex compensation and benefit payroll issues. This role is accountable for ensuring consistent, timely, and quality payroll outputs for regular, ad-hoc, and annual payroll cycles. The role also actively participates in payroll and benefit improvement initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as an executive payroll benefits plan subject matter expert focusing on executive compensation, benefits, and payroll.
- Effectively manages the relationship and oversight of critical activities of business process (BPO) providers and vendors.
- Partners with UTC Corp Executive Compensation and Benefits to research and resolve complex payroll issues, proactively recommend and implement mitigation efforts to prevent recurrence.
- Participate as subject matter expert on strategic payroll/benefit initiatives and key projects.
- Operate as an extension of the UTC Payroll Governance organization promoting a One Team environment to business partners and vendors.
- Collaborate on and successfully execute all executive payroll activities related to annual enrollment and year end activities.
- Respond timely and accurately to audit requests, escalated issues, aged items, and recon accounting items.
- Translate UTC executive compensation policies into appropriate payroll requirements for payroll technology improvement initiatives.
- Perform as a subject matter expert in executive compensation plans.
- Demonstrate expertise in problem solving, analysis, issue resolution, and reporting.
- Focus on quality when servicing UTC platinum and executive employees.
- Uphold UTC’s organizational values, quality customer service standards.
- Support the ongoing alignment of UTC benefits policies, payroll practices, and governance standards.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Business, required
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP), strongly preferred
- Minimum of five years end-to-end payroll benefits experience preferably in a large corporation or outsourced/BPO environment with hands on payroll benefits experience; ability to interact with senior executives and provide stellar service/follow-up as required.
- Minimum of three years in an active, advanced customer service environment; preferably in payroll, customer care, and/or benefits related industry.
- ADP and/or Workday experience preferred
- Advanced analytical skills/systems analysis capabilities with knowledge of high tech pay modeling tools and databases.
- Advanced taxation knowledge preferred.
- Additional Competencies:
- Superior customer service skills and attitude
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter able to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment
- Demonstrated capability to navigate and work across organizational functions
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Detailed/analytical skills (high attention to detail)
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork, respecting and valuing the diversity of varying inputs and contributions of team members
- Experience participating or leading process improvement methodologies is a plus
Some Travel is required (< 10%)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.