Director, Data ScienceBusinesses Otis Job ID 01333384 Date posted 07/11/2019 City Farmington State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:OT999: 1CP - Farmington, CT One Carrier Place, Farmington, CT, 06032 USA
Here's your opportunity to join Otis, with its more than 160-year legacy of providing the world’s most reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. We’re on the brink of becoming a standalone, publicly traded company and are looking for a Director, Data Scientist, to join our global family, with responsibility for developing and coordinating Advanced Analytics solution activities across teams, within the Digital team as well as global Engineering, Marketing and Services. This role is within the Otis Data Analytics team in the Digitial Organization and will focus on leading a team of Data Scientists that are developing advanced analytics solutions to business problems such as predicting maintenance needs, component failures, efficient routing and servicing of contracts, compliance with country regulations, customer requirements & UTC policies during the lifecycle of tools development from R&D, prototyping, to production deployment.
- Manage a team of Data Scientists to build analytics tools that result in Business Value.
- Create an analytics roadmap for the team to create both top line growth and cost effieciency.
- Establish Advanced Analytics platforms and framework. Identify and understand technologies or processes to improve team collaboration and productivity.
- Takes advantages of the synergies across teams to deliver fast and high impact solutions.
- Build credibility and trust within the organization, helping the teams while working side by side with them, and coaching them on how to build analytics tools into products.
- Communicate the with senior executives about the value and opportunities associated with new industry technologies and advanced anlytics tools.
- Exhibit strong teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
- Formal training in Advanced Analytics disciplines such as Operations Research, Machine Learning, Statistics, and Artificial Intelligence.
- Help executives understand and scale the risks which their teams are running, and similarly understand the best opportunities for fastest & most efficient improvement.
- 10+ years’ experience in developing complex advanced analytics solutions to solve business problems.
- Experience with analytics frameworks – Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Operations Research.
- Deep knowledge on the applicability of different data analytics methodologies.
- Proficiency with analytics tools including: data warehousing and querying tools, statistical scripting/programming languages and libraries, data mining, dashboarding/visualization and business intelligence.
- Proficiency with integrating analyses from legacy data sources and building data quality measures.
- Ability to interpret results from complex technical analyses and present results in a form that is understood and actionable by operations, product or marketing stakeholders.
- Experience with differening modeling techniques including familiarity with the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Excellent team, interpersonal and presentation skills required to lead and manage projects and communicate at all levels of the organization.
- A methodical and logical approach to work, as well as problem-solving abilities and confidence when working with data in a fast-paced environment.
- Ph.D. degree in Industrial or related Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience leading technical Data Advanced Analytics or Operations Reseacrch teams for 4+ years.
- Experience developing Advanced Analytics solutions leveraging Machine Learning and Operations Research skills.
- Experience leading Technical teams
- Experience with commercially-available and publicly-available tools and libraries.
- Experience with developing tools integrated with business processes and legacy databases.
- Experience with developing data analytics and visualization applications that are integrated with legacy database systems.
- Experience with mediating data quality issues including measuring data quality, determining sources of quality issues and solving data quality issues.
Masters degree in Engineering (Industrial, Transportation, Computer), Computer Science or Statistics, or comparable field with strong focus on Machine Learning and Operations Research
Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety, and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms