Cybersecurity Project Portfolio Senior ManagerBusinesses Otis Job ID 01362873 Date posted 10/17/2019 City Farmington State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:OT999: 1CP - Farmington, CT One Carrier Place, Farmington, CT, 06032 USA
- Role Overview
Moving people. Shaping the future. At Otis, we take pride in leading the industry we founded. There’s never been a better time to join our team as we plan for our next chapter as an independent company in 2020. We are the leader in elevators, escalators and moving walkways. We’re seeking a Cybersecurity Project Portfolio Senior Manager, based in Farmington, Connecticut, who’s ready to help us deliver on our commitments today, plan our strategy for the future and leave their fingerprints on the organization for years to come.
The successful candidate will manage the Cybersecurity Project Portfolio, as Otis’ Cyber Team plays an increasingly crucial role and has a direct measurable impact in defining and shaping cybersecurity for the elevator market.
- Essential Responsibilities
- Manages the orchestration of the cybersecurity project portfolio, designing and implementing solutions across a wide range of cybersecurity capabilities
- Works alongside a highly talented team on several ongoing cybersecurity initiatives, delivering results for securing the digital enterprise, safeguarding digital components of Otis’ manufactured products, and enabling product and process innovation
- Assumes a combination of business analyst and project management responsibilities working with customers, partners and the Digital Team to build and deliver new solutions to meet the company’s cybersecurity needs
- Assumes ownership of digital technology projects, utilizing internal and external resources to meet business partner requirements
- Assists in the evaluation of new solutions for integration into the cybersecurity tool stack
- Develops functional and technical documentation, facilitates the digital and product passport processes via SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), and participates in agile team projects to deliver cybersecurity capabilities, tools, applications and systems
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, finance, business management or a related discipline is required; a master's degree and/or MBA is preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Basic Qualifications
- Seven-plus years of project management experience developing and implementing cybersecurity systems, applications or solutions
- Ten or more years of combined software development, program management and/or cybersecurity system implementation experience
- Experience developing executive briefs for project governance bodies for approval to proceed with IT projects based on completion of milestone requirements
- Ability to perform cyber-tool stack analysis and develop a roadmap for implementing capabilities
- Project management experience and a proven record of delivering cybersecurity projects on time and within budget
- Ability to communicate business needs and interpret high-level business requirements, as well as coordinate between business customers and technology and support teams
- Ability to work in a high-energy, fast-paced environment and adapt to changing business needs
- Highly self-directed, with the ability to learn quickly and drive and deliver results
- Proven track record of recognizing areas for cost savings and process improvement and formulating actionable plans to address these areas
- Demonstrated skills and experience in generating documentation, standard work policies and procedures, process improvements and root cause corrective action
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A solid teammate with excellent judgment, interpersonal skills, cultural awareness and professional maturity
- Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner across all levels of the organization, including with senior executives
- Ability to accommodate ten percent work travel requirement
- Preferred Qualifications
- Six-Sigma, Process Improvement and/or ACE (Achieving Competitive Excellence, a United Technologies Corporation quality system) Associate Certification is preferred
- Direct knowledge of cost accounting within a manufacturing environment
Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety, and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
OAK ID OAK19DTCYP14
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms