Cyber Threat Hunter / Content EngineerBusinesses United Technologies Corp. Headquarters Job ID 01292173 Date posted 02/05/2019 City Farmington State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UT6: 4 Farm Springs 4 Farm Springs Road, Farmington, CT, 06032 USA
Who are we?
With revenues of approximately $57 billion, United Technologies Corporation (UTC) is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products and services for the aerospace and commercial building industries. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney and UTC Aerospace Systems. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines. UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products.
Our commercial building businesses include Otis Elevator and Climate, Controls & Security. Otis is the world’s largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems. These companies are leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
Ranked among the world’s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 196,000 employees globally.
United Technologies Corporate headquarters is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to join the Corporate Digital staff to support the Cyber Fusion organization.
In this highly visible role, you will perform research and analysis, searching for indications of advanced threat actors existing on the network. Analyze available data sources, security tools, and threat trends and lead security monitoring and analysis techniques to identify attacks against the enterprise. Individual will then work to operationalize new and innovative techniques of discovering advanced threat actors. Additionally, you will works with our partners inside and outside the organization to ensure there are good data sources to enrich hunting capabilities.
The focus of this role is working within the UTC Cybersecurity department reporting to the Associate Director Cyber Security and Risk Management and Lead. Job responsibilities are:
Work as part of the larger Cyber Fusion group to hunt advanced actors and develop techniques to detect them. The person in this role will constantly be learning and applying the “hacker mindset” to situations to push our capabilities past where they are now. This individual will help mentor other teams within the Cyber Fusion Center to upskill their capabilities.
Required experience and skills:
- 3 + years of background in information security, cyber security or network engineering.
- Must understand typical threat actor profiles, the typical indicators associated with those profiles, and be able to synthesize the two to develop innovative techniques to detect threat actor activity.
- Demonstrated knowledge of tactics, techniques, and procedures associated with malicious insider activity, organized crime/fraud groups and both state and non-state sponsored threat actors.
- Ability to critically examine an organization and system through the perspective of a threat actor and articulate risk in clear, precise terms is required.
- Analyze available data sources, security tools, and threat trends and lead security monitoring and analysis techniques to identify attacks against the enterprise
- Ability to analyze logs, normalize and perform automated log correlations utilizing big data analysis or hunt tools to identify anomalous and potentially malicious behavior
- Solid experience with Digital forensics on host or network from malware perspective, ability to identify anomalous behavior on network or endpoint devices
- Experience with information security tools such as an enterprise SIEM solution, IDS/IPS, endpoint security, and security monitoring solutions (NSM, DLP, Insider, etc)
- Self-starting, organized, proactive, and requiring minimal management oversight.
- Ability to quickly learn new and complex concepts.
- Strong analytical skills/problem solving/ conceptual thinking/attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively with peers and multiple levels of management.
- Well organized, thorough, with the ability to balance and prioritize competing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across multiple levels of the organization.
Desired experience and skills:
- A passion for Cyber Threat Hunting, research, and uncovering the unknown about threats and threat actors
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related field (Equivalent work experience my be considered)
- Ability to effectively code in a scripting language (Python, Perl, etc.)
- Ability to understand big data and query languages (Elastic, Splunk, SQL etc.)
- Experience with either Red team or Blue team operations and ability to think both like an attacker and defender.
- Experience setting up infrastructure to support Hunt Team operations
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security, or related security discipline(s) or 5+ years experience in place of degree desired. Master’s Degree preferred or not required
US Citizen or US Person required for this role.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.