Communications Leadership Program (CLP)Businesses United Technologies Corp. Headquarters Job ID 01320635 Date posted 05/24/2019 City Farmington State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UT6: 4 Farm Springs 4 Farm Springs Road, Farmington, CT, 06032 USA
UTC COMMUNICATIONS LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
United Technologies Corp. (UTC; NYSC: UTX), headquartered in Farmington, Connecticut, is a global leader in aerospace technologies. Our aerospace businesses — Collins Aerospace Systems and Pratt & Whitney — are redefining the future of flight with next-generation aircraft engines and integrated systems and components. We are a company of 240,000 people, founded by some of the world’s greatest inventors and committed to tackling some of society’s biggest challenges.
UTC also operates a central research organization that pursues technologies for improving the performance, energy efficiency and cost of its products and processes.
UTC's Communications Leadership Program (CLP) is a two-year rotational program designed to challenge and develop each associate’s potential through assignments in communications functions. CLP associates gain cross-functional experience through three eight-month assignments across the UTC enterprise designed to stretch their capabilities and enhance their learning. Through this program, associates have the opportunity to deliver real results in the areas of social and digital media, public relations, marketing, internal communications, sustainability and corporate responsibility.
This program is an important source of early career communications talent for UTC. Through accelerated work assignments and training activities, associates will enhance and grow their skill sets while they receive leadership development opportunities and mentoring from UTC communications leaders, executives and current CLP associates and CLP alumni.
The CLP recruits candidates that are self-starters, demonstrate leadership ability, have a strong academic record, and look for opportunities in each assignment. Ideal candidates have a strong desire to pursue a career in communications, and have aspirations to advance as leaders at UTC. Candidates must be geographically mobile and willing to complete rotations in various UTC locations throughout the United States.
Participants will work at three of UTC's dynamic businesses and operations:
- Pratt & Whitney
- Collins Aerospace
- UTC Corporate Headquarters
- United Technologies Research Center
- United Technologies Digital
Rotational assignments are designed to expose CLP associates to foundational experiences with assignments that may include functional support in the following areas:
- Public and media relations
- Social and digital media
- Internal/executive communications
- Sustainability/corporate responsibility
- Marketing and advertising
Participants will develop the following critical skills:
- External content development and strategy
- Internal collateral development
- Event coordination and management
- Social media monitoring and analytics
- Writing and storytelling with media placement outcome
- Digital content creation
Education / Qualifications
Currently seeking college or graduate students graduating in December 2019 or May 2020 to join the June 2020 Communications Leadership Program cohort.
Selection for the Communications Leadership Program will be based on the following minimum criteria:
- 0 to 2 years of professional experience
- Strong commitment and interest in a career in communications
- Be pursuing or have a Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or another related field with a minimum 3.2 GPA
- Relevant internships or co-op experiences within the Communications or Marketing function
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with social media management platforms, graphics or video editing software, web content management systems, social and web analytic tools
- Be a proactive and results driven individual who thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Have strong attention to detail
- Be a highly motivated team player
- Flexibility and mobility to travel/live anywhere in the US and possibly abroad
- Have permanent, unrestricted work authorization in the U.S.
You must apply online to be eligible for an interview.
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms