Carrier Graduate Hire Program - Systems MBD EngineerBusinesses Carrier Job ID 01284434 Date posted 01/18/2019 City Farmington State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAC35: 5FS - Farmington, CT 5 Farm Springs, Farmington, CT, 06032 USA
UTC Climate, Controls & Security (CCS) is a leading provider of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
If you’re a current student or a recent graduate in Engineering or Computer Science you may be eligible for UTC Climate, Controls and Security’s Graduate Hire Program. We are accepting applications for our 2019 program. The cohort starts in June and applicants must have received their degree prior to cohort start date. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas within the skills of the future- Cyber Security, Data Analytics, Embedded Systems, Model Based Development, Software, Systems and UI Development. CCS’s Graduate Hire Program provides a hands-on engineering experience in a supported, closely mentored cohort. Associates of the Graduate Hire Program will obtain career development opportunities, exposure to leadership and will develop a strong professional network. The goal of the CCS Graduate Hire Program is to help early career professionals become productive and successful engineers within the one year development program.
We are seeking a talented and energetic engineer to join the Systems Model Based Development (MBD) group within the Systems & Control Engineering organization.
The Optimization Engineer will support the development of standard tools, libraries & workflows for system MBD in the areas of robust optimization techniques, system optimization, system integration, variability analysis and efficient physics-based modeling strategies.
The Optimization Engineer will work with global, cross disciplinary teams to deploy & apply system MBD technologies to create the next generation of products for CCS and Otis.
- M.S or Ph.D. degree in Engineering or Computer Science or related field with < 3 years of experience in optimization and robust design
Required Technical Skills/Education:
- Solid background in optimization techniques/algorithms, numerical analysis and variability analysis
- Experience in continuous and discrete optimization, Stochastic programming and uncertainty quantification methods
- Experience in system steady-state and dynamic modeling capabilities (Simulink, Dymola)
- Experience in software development & programming: Python, Java, C/C++, Matlab, Pyomo, Visual Studio
Preferred Technical Skills/Education:
- Experience in physics-based modeling, DAE/PDE modeling and solution strategy.
- Proficient in graphical user interface development
- Knowledge of high performance computing & cloud infrastructure
This candidate must be highly motivated, organized, function in a team environment, eager to learn with strong analytical thinking, problem solving and communication skills.
This position will be located in Farmington, CT.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms