Authentication Services LeaderBusinesses UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORP. HEADQUARTERS Job ID 77550BR Date posted 11/30/2018 City Farmington State Connecticut Country US
With revenues of approximately $57 billion, United Technologies Corporation (UTC) is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products and services for the aerospace and commercial building industries. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney and UTC Aerospace Systems. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines. UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products.
Our commercial building businesses include Otis Elevator and Climate, Controls & Security. Otis is the world’s largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems. These companies are leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. Ranked among the world’s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 196,000 employees globally.
United Technologies Corporate headquarters is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to join the Cybersecurity & Digital Risk Management team as part of our Authentication Services organization. This Individual will be responsible for tools and technology deployed to support directory, web access management and federation functions across UTC as well play an active role to ensures new integration and tools align to access management best practices. This position will require partnership with other Identity and Access Management (IAM) verticals such as Business Operations, Identity Management/Governance teams as well as external stakeholders.Job responsibilities:
- Drive efforts to move towards a culturally aware business climate around IAM and enforce the use of a common identifier for all personnel utilizing UTC assets, both employee and non-employee.
- Ensure UTC is keeping pace with evolving technologies in the Authentication Services space
- Manage teams supporting Directory, Authentication, Privileged Access Management (PAM) and Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) platforms, services and processes
- Ensure teams maintain integration playbooks used to onboard new UTC applications, platforms and federations
- Lead efforts to increase Single Sign-On (SSO) enabled applications by working closely with application teams and partnering with UTC Business Units
- Support Web Services for transaction based authentication and user management
- Managing supplier resources supporting environment
- Ensure appropriate monitoring and alerting tools are in place and operating appropriately
- Ensure our Directories maintain consistent and accurate Identity information for all Employees, Contractors, Suppliers and Customers
- Implement a robust privileged user management program to identify, manage, and monitor access of privileged accounts on the UTC network
- Minimum 10 years of experience leading and managing a diverse, global software operations and/or development teams (10+) of employees and/or contingent workers desired.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in managing and delivering complex authentication environment in large multinational organizations desired.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in information technology, with a focus on Cybersecurity in one or more of the following areas: IAM, cyber threats, security operations, data loss prevention, threat intelligence, security architecture, policy/governance
- Expert level knowledge of authentication technologies, i.e. Kerberos, SAML, NTLM desired.
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience with Active Directory, CA SiteMinder, SunOne LDAP, Webservices or equivalents a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of Windows, Linux/Unix, Solaris knowledge or equivalents required
- An expert in managing technologies, developing processes and procedures supporting an IAM program
- Demonstrated focus on process development and implementation that spans organizational boundaries. Ability to effectively influence and direct the actions of those not within the direct reporting chain is essential
- Problem solving and analytical abilities including the ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details and apply sound business knowledge
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical, verbal, written communication and technical skills are essential. Ability to build and maintain customer relationships; strong team player, able to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
- Thorough understanding of IAM compliance and best practices desired.
- Proven Initiative and ability to quickly acquire knowledge.
- Understanding of basic project management principles.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or related business discipline(s) desired. Master’s Degree preferred or Equivalent work experience may be considered for this role.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.