Associate Director, Treasury SystemsBusinesses United Technologies Corp. Headquarters Job ID 01370488 Date posted 11/25/2019 City Farmington State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UT56: 8 Farm Springs 8 Farm Springs, Farmington, CT, 06034 USA
About United Technologies:
United Technologies Corporation (UTC; NYSC: UTX) is headquartered Farmington, CT and is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products and services for the aerospace and commercial building industries. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney and Collins Aerospace Systems. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft turbofan engines. Collins Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products.
Ranked among the world’s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 240,000 employees globally. Most importantly, UTC develops future business leaders.
UTC has a best-in-class Finance organization. As UTC continues to provide products and services to our global industries, the opportunities for top talent will continue to be unmatched. Our high-performance culture attracts the best people in their fields – people of diverse backgrounds working together to solve complex problems for a better tomorrow.
About This Position:
We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Director to support Treasury's systems and bank data connectivity to maintain and improve the functionality, efficiency, and security of the Company's banking and treasury arrangements worldwide.
The person in this role will generally focus on bank connectivity, bank data format implementation and standardization, cash management process improvement and implementation, bank connectivity service documentation, and treasury system development, testing and deployment.
responsible for the planning and direction of treasury activities, including:
- The design, upgrade, maintenance, and administration of treasury systems and processes, including systems and processes for global banking and secure bank connectivity
- Integration of treasury systems and processes with bank systems for greater efficiency and security
- Configuration of efficient banking to facilitate shared services and business process outsourcing worldwide
- Implementation and maintenance of global payment, bank account reconciliation, and cash reporting systems utilizing SWIFTNet connectivity
- Negotiation of agreements and documentation for global banking and bank integration
- Evaluation, improvement, and implementation of banking security and control measures for treasury and business unit operations worldwide
- Participation in the design, upgrade, and implementation of global cash concentration systems
- Responsible for treasury systems implementation efforts involving multiple functions and business units
- Responsible for entire projects with significant scope and complexity
- Specification of systems development and configuration requirements
- Contributes to the department or business unit by applying advanced knowledge of treasury and related finance and accounting issues
- Responsible for advising and informing business unit users of Treasury systems and processes throughout the company. May train, develop, and coach others as well.
- Has expert knowledge that extends across treasury, accounting, and other financial disciplines.
The person in this role would be based in our Corporate Headquarters, with light travel requirements of up to 10% (domestic and international). Travel needs are based on business needs and ongoing projects related to Treasury's mission and goals. Preference will be given to candidates local to our Corporate Headquarters (Farmington, CT).
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required - Preferred fields Accounting or Finance
- Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance or MBA a plus
- CTP certification a plus
- 10+ years of Treasury and Finance accounting experience within a multinational corporation
- Experience with 2 or more Treasury technology projects, to include upgrade, integration or implementation
- You are a US Citizen or US person (green card holder)
- Understanding of and experience with finance and treasury systems
- Advanced experience leading implementations of Treasury technology projects such as online platforms and integrations with ERP systems
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles related to Treasury
- Strong knowledge of bank account administration, cash management, payments, bank statement reconciliation, and credit facilities preferred
- Experience with SWIFTNet connectivity preferred
- Strong mindset focusing on identifying inefficiencies and driving process improvements. ACE, Six Sigma, or similar training and certification preferred
- Candidate should possess strong leadership and communications skills and be able to manage cross-functional and cross-organizational project teams effectively
- Advanced user experience working with Microsoft Office applications, with expert level use of Excel and PowerPoint
- Advanced interpersonal skills with ability to thrive in a diverse, fast paced, dynamic and global environment
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms