Associate Director, Indirect Tax TechnologyBusinesses United Technologies Corp. Headquarters Job ID 01369572 Date posted 11/26/2019 City Farmington State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UT56: 8 Farm Springs 8 Farm Springs, Farmington, CT, 06034 USA
About United Technologies:
United Technologies Corporation (UTC; NYSC: UTX) is headquartered Farmington, CT, just outside of Hartford, CT. The organization employs over 196,000 individuals and achieves net revenues in excess of $6B, which is attributable to common shareholder value. Additionally, the Company invests over $4B per year in research & development and achieves approximately $60B in gross revenues.
A leader in the global building systems and aerospace industries, United Technologies Corp. invents new and better ways to keep people safe, comfortable, productive and on the move. By combining a real passion for science with precision engineering, the organization builds the smart, balanced solutions the world needs.
United Technologies Corporation’s commercial businesses include Otis elevators and escalators and UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a leading provider of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, fire and security systems, and building automation and controls. The aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney aircraft engines and UTC Aerospace Systems. United Technologies also operates a centralized research organization that pursues technologies for improving the performance, energy efficiency and cost of its products and processes.
Come and join the team which is focused in simplifying our employee’s user experience and improving the productivity through SaaS and integrated HR Technology solutions.
About This Position:
This position will lead Indirect Tax Department’s technology initiatives, with primary focus upon the implementation and steady state maintenance of OneSource and Vertex Indirect Tax software engines, and data analytics and robotic process automation opportunities.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead role for sales tax and value added tax requirements during the implementation and steady state support of Thomson Reuters’s OneSource and Vertex Indirect Tax software engines
- Understand business operations and manage key issues from an ERP and tax engine software point of view
- Assist with projects concerning the roll-out of tax engine applications in new jurisdictions or adapting to new laws
- Manage staff and external advisors in assessment and implementation of new applications and maintenance of steady state support requirements, e.g. RPAs and Data Analytic tools
- Communication and coordination of issues with all stakeholders, including business unit operations, finance, IT, and Tax
Education / Certifications
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or other financial discipline, or equivalent financial experience
- You've obtained a Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of ten years of combined experience in the fields of sales tax, value added tax and tax engine applications
- You are a US Citizen or US person (green card holder)
- Advanced degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Expert level experience with 10+ years of experience with the implementation and maintenance of Vertex and/or OneSource software applications for sales tax and VAT purposes
- Knowledge of JDE and SAP ERP systems and their configuration with such software applications
Additional Skills and Abilities
- Ability to understand complex tax determination concepts and configure these in tax engines
- Ability to research and to implement complex tax best practices in software implementation strategies
- Ability to resolve complex technical issues, and recognize the need for and seeks out internal or external subject matter expertise
- Advanced communication skills with the demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of Controller's Dept. and other UTC (Treasury) and Business Unit staff and management
- Proven effective utilization of Six-Sigma, Continuous Improvement, or Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) and a history of driving process improvements - Associate Certification desirable
- You're a dynamic problem solver with strong accounting, analytical, decision-making and interpersonal skills with the ability to craft solutions to everyday challenges with creative new ideas
- Self-starter with willingness to take initiative, support strategic priorities, take ownership of assigned projects/initiatives, contribute to results and be committed to meeting tight deadlines.
- You are someone who enjoys working collaboratively on projects with other functional departments and has exceptional organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Outstanding formal and informal presentation skills
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms