Associate Director, Global Network ArchitectBusinesses Otis Job ID 01295103 Date posted 02/26/2019 City Farmington State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:OT999: 1CP - Farmington, CT One Carrier Place, Farmington, CT, 06032 USA
Our company is embarking on a rapid transformation effort. The Network Architect will serve as a key member of the core Digital Infrastructure team and will design and support our next generation global network.
- Serve as a digital technology leader supporting the Otis Separation Program. Drive transformation by leading the design and vetting of best in breed LAN/WAN infrastructure spanning a global presence and 24x7 production environment.
- Partner with corporate teams supporting the separation effort from our current planning activities through day-one go live and successful completion of the TSA period.
- Provide expertise and business unit leadership for all aspects of LAN/WAN design including but not limited to local area networks (switches, routers, peripherals), Windows Active Directory design, stand up, and management, global WAN inter connectivity (Cisco iWAN, MPLS, etc.), local servers and storage, “cloud first” initiatives (Microsoft Azure, remote data centers, Azure Active Directory, etc.), and global communications (email, PBX, etc.).
- Consult with other Otis Digital Technology teams and functional departments to identify and re-mediate risk, legacy systems, and improve process and procedures which support the transition efforts.
- 6-10 years of operational experience leading diverse architecture teams through complex and dynamic platform transformation and modernization efforts.
- Experience working closely with diverse global infrastructure teams while managing design and implementation of highly complex and critical infrastructure.
- Expert working knowledge of common design and presentation applications including Microsoft Visio, Office, and network discovery tools including but limited to Nessus, Tanium, LanSweeper, and others.
- Must be able to manage multiple deadlines, maintain running documentation, and execute cross functional plan to build initiatives supporting the Otis Separation Program
- Working knowledge of SharePoint, ServiceNOW, Dell ARS, and other network management suites which may be used as part of the management of our next generation network.
- Solid Microsoft Azure foundation including operational experience with regards to Office365, Exchange365, Azure AD, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and common cyber security best practices with regards to LAN/WAN fire walling, intrusion prevention, and response
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms