Associate Director, EH&SBusinesses Otis Job ID 01287779 Date posted 01/17/2019 City Farmington State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:OT999: 1CP - Farmington, CT One Carrier Place, Farmington, CT, 06032 USA
The Associate Director, EH&S is responsible for partnering with field operations and engineering to drive initiatives related to subcontractor safety management and improved design for employee safety. The programs will be implemented globally for a commercial organization with over 60,000 employees with field based businesses operating in more than 40 countries.
- Partnering with Engineering and R&D to define short term and long term solutions to reduce risk by design.
- Work in collaboration with the New Equipment and Service Global departments in implementing technical solutions for risk mitigation
- Participate and be an active team member on the WW audit program
- Creating and deploying a global subcontractor safety management system worldwide
- Implementing initiatives that eliminate serious injuries and fatalities across the organization.
- Conducting in-depth analysis of current injuries to outline future focus areas.
- Competent in familiar with implementing global programs that reduce portfolio risk; fall protection, LOTO, electrical safety, laceration prevention, confined space entry, compressed gas systems, powered industrial vehicles and fire/life safety.
- Assisting in communicating EH&S initiatives, regulatory compliance programs and performance to EH&S professionals and upper level management.
Education / Certifications
Bachelor’s degree in safety, engineering or a related field required.
Master’s degree in safety, mechanical engineering or a related field preferred
Experience / Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in a safety or operations related position.
- Previous experience in safety or operations in a corporate or regional function at a fortune 500 corporation.
- Experience managing a global footprint preferred.
- Strong leadership, organization and project management skills. Ability to communicate and work with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of statistical methods and use of leading indicator metrics.
- Experience in field service or construction operations required
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Multiple language skills a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.