Assoc Dir, Digital Technology, OpsBusinesses UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORP. HEADQUARTERS Job ID 77686BR Date posted 12/03/2018 City Farmington State Connecticut Country US
With revenues of approximately $57 billion, United Technologies Corporation (UTC) is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products and services for the aerospace and commercial building industries. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney and UTC Aerospace Systems. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines. UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products.
Our commercial building businesses include Otis Elevator and Climate, Controls & Security. Otis is the world’s largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems. These companies are leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. Ranked among the world’s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 196,000 employees globally.
The Associate Director, Digital Technology, Operations will focus on Smart Factory initiatives and will be an integral part of delivering on our overall mission. It combines foundational IT knowledge and Operations with new digital technologies to identify common processes and tools that will deliver value to our customers. This individual will work closely with the Director, Digital Thread to drive an Industry 4.0 value stream approach.
Must be a highly motivated and passionate individual with primary responsibility for driving key digital initiatives. They will routinely perform as a cross-functional team member and lead, to define requirements, identify and recommend solutions to complex problems and enhancements. A goal-focused, team player able to manage local and off-shore teams.
This position requires a skilled Digital professional with expertise in business and technical applications who works independently to analyze business system and application needs, determine system capabilities, test and configure systems, analyze system logic, and address functionality issues.
- Lead the UTC Smart Factory team, drive collaboration, identify business and process opportunities.
- Partner with the Digital Thread COE to drive alignment and integration with smart factory initiatives and overall Industry 4.0 practices.
- Partner with ACE Office to ensure digital / smart factory concepts are incorporated into ACE Gold and Supplier Gold programs.
- Develop relationships with key internal and external process experts.
- Lead related one-company digital projects, such as, factory cyber security
- Effective Communicator via written, verbal and presentation mediums.
US Citizen or US Person required.
Work could involve ITAR-regulated projects.
- Experience with integration of manufacturing environments
- Action oriented and results driven with an ability to drive new and innovative solutions in alignment to the organizations / functions strategy.
- Ability to clearly and succinctly communicate with key business partners is critical, including senior executives.
- Successful track record in managing digital technologies for innovation.
- Strong technical background with practical experience in the areas digital technologies and related infrastructures (i.e. cloud, mobility…)
- Deep understanding of digital and operations processes (i.e. Agile…) and collaborative development tools
- Experience with or understanding of business services
- Project management experience with leading medium to large scale projects.
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience and knowledge of IT policies and procedures.
- Experience with ACE continuous improvement methodology desired.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree with 10+ years of experience; Master’s Degree with 7+ years of experience.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.