Production Planning & Control ManagerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01304341 Date posted 04/05/2019 City Fairfield State California Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA09: Interiors (Propulation) -Fairf 3530 Branscombe Road, Fairfield, CA, 94533 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The Production Planning and Control Manager will coordinate and manage the conversion of product demand into an executable production schedule in a high mix/ low volume aerospace manufacturing environment. They will provide production planning and control support to meet customer expectations and business metrics and objectives.
The Production Planning & Control Manager develops, coaches and leads a team of Planners/Schedulers. The position works with managers, supervisors and employees across the business, both vertically and horizontally, to support business goals and objectives. The Production Planning & Control Manager is responsible for an executable production plan based on available capacity and material.
The Production Planning & Control Manager will:
- Lead and develop a team of Planners/Schedulers.
- Support our site Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning (SIOP) process. Implement changes to master schedule and/or make recommendation for capacity and resources changes. Help coordinate and align the site production plan, site revenue plan and site inventory plan.
- Facilitate material availability meetings with Planning and Supply Chain to ensure material is received in time to support the production plan and where necessary, the production plan is adjusted to reflect Supply Chain's best commitments.
- Support Integrated Production Teams (IPT's) and production meetings. Work closely with factory floor on execution obstacles and schedules / re-schedules / re-planning as necessary.
- Support Functional Proposal Reviews and Sales Order Kick-Off (SOKO) meetings.
- Ensure timely management of customer change requests to include interfacing with Supply Chain, Inventory Control analysts and Operations.
- Maintain SAP to reflect an executable production schedule.
- Proactively coordinate and communicate with Contracts, Programs, Sales, Supply Chain, Operations, Quality, et. al. when customer ship date is at risk, and work with them to mitigate/minimize the risk.
- Develop, track and report departmental key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Conduct root cause analysis when KPI goals are not met and initiate corrective actions to meet identified metrics.
- Develop and maintain departmental Standard Work and Standard Job Instructions.
- Drive continuous improvement, standardized business processes, enhanced controls and training to develop and manage the department.
BA/BS degree w/5+ years of experience in production planning, scheduling and control
APICS Certification a plus (CPIM or CSCP)
Minimum of 3 years in a role having direct reports
Minimum of 5 years production planning, scheduling and/or production control experience
ERP/MRP experience required, preferably SAP
Strong computer MS Office skills (Excel, Word and Power Point)
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms