Infrastructure Site Technician -Fairfield, CABusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01341312 Date posted 10/08/2019 City Fairfield State California Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA09: Interiors (Propulation) -Fairf 3530 Branscombe Road, Fairfield, CA, 94533 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there’s no better place to be right now than in digital. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there’s no better place to be right now than in digital. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
This position is for an Seasoned professional in IT Infrastructure who works independently to support IT infrastructure projects, the development of reports outlining IT infrastructure issues, IT equipment installations, analyses focused on infrastructure updates and enhancements, and network interface planning activities. Ensures all computer systems and related peripheral devices and components are configured and utilized effectively to support the local business processes. Provides functional direction and coordinates the use of internal resources and personnel and/or vendor support to ensure agreed service, security, performance and availability levels of network computer systems are met. Monitors overall performance of computer systems, performs research and provides recommendations for improving performance, security, service levels and cost reductions.
- Supports, maintains, develops and troubleshoots the network computer and telecommunication systems, related peripheral devices and local area networks.
- Designs, configures, tests and implements network computer systems and operating system architectures.
- Analyzes and solves complex problems of network (operating) system hardware and software components.
- Coordinates the planning, installation and maintenance of network systems and components.
- Researches, tests, implements and provides recommendations to IT management for the cost effective implementation and utilization of systems to manage and support back-end and user’s systems and software, software distribution and control, systems management, storage and server systems and software.
- Creates and maintains detailed documentation and procedures governing the network computer systems and peripherals in all aspects of its utilization; ensure associates work in compliance with the documented procedures and guidelines.
- Works closely with Network Administrators to monitor, analyze and troubleshoot local area networks and components.
- Designs, tests and implements measures, systems and software to adequately protect the network computer systems, components and data from natural disasters, power failures, intrusions and viruses.
- Designs, tests and implements measures, systems and software to protect, backup, restore and store business data.
- Designs, tests and implements new computer systems, operating systems and applications.
- Remains up-to-date with the latest network computer systems, operating systems, innovations and industry best practices.
- Performs continuous research and audits to ensure continuous and high levels of performance, security and availability of network and operating systems and peripheral devices.
- Advises application developers, technical specialists, management and users about network (operating) systems, components and peripheral devices, based on trends, developments, experiences and company/industry best practices.
- Analyzes impact of network systems and components for the technical infrastructure and communicates the results with the responsible technical specialists in order to reach the appropriate and effective use of the various technologies.
- Ensures regular reporting to management regarding performance and service levels of network systems, in order to inform responsible management about major deviations and/or corrective actions.
- Provides guidance and direction to lower-level System Administrators.
- Maintains close relations with local management staff to ensure the local business processes are continuously and adequately being supported and developed by IT.
- Participates in projects with other IT departments and/or external vendors.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Three years completion from college or university and at least seven years related experience; or MCSE Certification and at least ten years related experience.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms