Finance & Accounting InternBusinesses UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS Job ID 69176BR Date posted 07/11/2018 City Fairfield State California Country US
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us
Want to be part of a finance team where every day is unique and exciting? Are you ready to analyze a diverse set of products that really make a difference? If so, then UTC Aerospace Systems is the place for you! By joining us, you’ll have the opportunity to support thousands of aerospace, defense and space systems across more than 150 sites in 26 countries. Additionally, as UTC Aerospace Systems is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corporation (Fortune 50), it operates as its own business with its own reporting structure, financial dashboards and earnings metrics. This reporting relationship allows finance team members to implement innovative tools for the aerospace market in a stand-alone business environment. If you want to advance your career while contributing to a mission that truly makes a difference to modern flight and space advancements, then this team is right for you!
The FP&A Intern:
Provides administrative support and conducts simple finance reconciliations and reporting to the finance/accounting organization. Prepares daily sales report and utilization production report. Maintains records for monthly journal entries and coordinate close calendar updates. Creates and analyzes monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and ensures financial information has been recorded accurately. Maintains standard balance sheet accruals & reserves and related journal entries. Assists with business unit deliverables and designing forecast. Assists in testing SOX compliance. Brings inconsistencies and problems to the attention of management, along with proposals for resolution. Performs varied work assignments as assigned
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Must have completed 30 hours of college coursework
- Must have GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Experience with SAP; knowledge of HFM a plus (Preferred)
- 0 - 1 years of finance and/or accounting experience, or working knowledge from course curriculum.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) a plus.
- Very Strong Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Strong analytical skills, organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Ability to work independently and in teams; take initiative and resolve issues.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, meet deadlines and keep supervisor updated of progress.
- Ability to work and communicate professionally with all levels of the organization
- In pursuit of Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.