Senior Project Manager (NORESCO)Businesses Carrier Job ID 01256264 Date posted 01/10/2019 City Fairfax State Virginia Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAV17: NOR Fairfax 2750 Prosperity Avenue, Fairfax, VA, 22031 USA
Exciting Things are Happening at NORESCO!
UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
As one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S., NORESCO utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. NORESCO also provides build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for central heating, cooling and power-generation systems. NORESCO’s Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable design consulting services, including energy auditing, commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting analysis, LEED® certification consulting, and sustainability master planning.
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer’s individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corporation. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
OUR CONSTRUCTION TEAM
NORESCO’s Construction Group manages the design/build construction activities for large commercial and institutional facilities. Our construction management teams develop the scopes of work, project schedules, and budgets, conduct customer meetings, maintain project records, hire and manage subcontractors on the job site. Successful projects require dedication and commitment to customer satisfaction and safety.
We have an immediate need for a Project Manager based in Fairfax, VA.
This position will support the construction team. You’ll be responsible for the coordination of a project team responsible for the management of customers, subcontractors, and vendors for design-build Energy Savings Projects. You’ll have a number of direct reports which includes project managers of all levels and experience.
- Communicating directly with clients, designers, subcontractors and vendors
- Conducting and documenting meetings with all stakeholders
- Developing Scopes of Work, Schedules and Site Specific Safety Plans
- Creating bid documents and conducting bidding of subcontractors and vendors
- Qualifying bids, negotiating, selecting, and awarding subcontracts and equipment orders
- Coordinating construction activities with clients and subcontractors
- Inspecting project sites daily to assure compliance with safety, quality, cost and schedule requirements
- Assisting in the management of project financial performance and forecasting progress
- Coordinating subcontractor and internal resources for the successful startup, commissioning and timely turnover to clients
*Education / Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management preferred
- Minimum experience of 10 years managing mechanical, electrical and/or direct digital controls installations
- Thorough knowledge of HVAC systems and direct digital control architecture
- Ability to read structural, mechanical, electrical, control and life safety system plans
- Familiar with means and methods of general, mechanical and electrical construction activities
- Familiar with startup and commissioning procedures of HVAC and direct digital control systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Word and Excel
- 50% travel
- Mental alertness and ability to concentrate with distractions nearby
- Ability to stand, stoop, reach, bend, climb and crawl
- This position requires working in diverse locations and conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms where there can be potential exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and proximity to electricity including high voltage. Detailed safety review must be completed and reviewed prior to any work. Adherence to all Safety Procedures will be required.
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, standing, stooping, reaching, kneeling bending climbing and crawling
- Potential exists for requirement of employee to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 lbs.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms