LEED Consultant (NORESCO)Businesses Carrier Job ID 01271908 Date posted 01/10/2019 City Fairfax State Virginia Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAV17: NOR Fairfax 2750 Prosperity Avenue, Fairfax, VA, 22031 USA
Exciting Things are Happening at NORESCO!
As one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S., NORESCO utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. NORESCO also provides build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for central heating, cooling and power-generation systems. NORESCO’s Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable design consulting services, including energy auditing, commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting analysis, LEED® certification consulting, and sustainability master planning.
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer’s individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
Sustainability Services Group
NORESCO's Sustainability Services Group is an energy and sustainability consulting company focused on auditing, commissioning, technical studies, sustainable certifications and consulting work. We work with clients ranging from private commercial and multi-family owners to labs, healthcare facilities and government buildings. Our focus is on finding opportunities to improve buildings — both new and existing.
We are looking for a Sustainability Consultant in Fairfax, VA.
Here are the responsibilities for this position:
- •Work closely with business development managers to develop projects for the team, including strategic planning for meeting customer objectives, providing necessary technical support and expertise for developing sales opportunities.
- •Manage sustainability consulting projects, provide oversight to junior staff and participate in project execution to ensure that all tasks are successfully performed and all deliverables are met in a timely manner. Project Management activities include:
- ◦proposal development and support
- ◦risk assessment
- ◦project kickoff and client follow-up meetings
- ◦project scheduling oversight
- ◦assistance with preparation and submittal of deliverables
- ◦management and technical review of project deliverables
- ◦development and delivery of presentation materials
- •Meet stated utilization, revenue, and gross margin goals.
- •Foster customer relationships through superior customer service
- •Maintain a high level of organization and foster efficiency and process improvements for in-house project management procedures
- •Travel to in-state and out-of-state projects as required – up to 25% of time.
- •Strong working knowledge of and experience with the design process and all phases of design/build from pre-design through construction administration and into post-occupancy
- •Active involvement in local or national sustainability organizations (e.g., USGBC, AEE, etc.)
*Education / Certifications
BS or MS in engineering, environmental science or related field
*Experience / Qualifications
- •7-10 years’ experience in engineering, consulting, and/or business management
- •5 or more years of project management experience
- •Must have experience working on LEED projects
- •LEED Accreditation. LEED AP is strongly preferred for this position, LEED GA will be considered
- Strong working knowledge of the USGBC’s LEED Certification rating systems (EB: O&M, BD&C, ID&C etc.)
- •Strong knowledge of energy engineering and commissioning and their implementation throughout the building design, construction and operations.
- •Strong project management, personnel management, and time management skills.
- •Strong project financial management skills.
- •Excellent communication skills -- oral, written, and presentation -- and facilitate with necessary supporting software (Microsoft: Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms