Quality EngineerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 470502 Date posted 01/11/2019 City Everett State Washington Country United States
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including aQuality Engineer in our Water/Waste Systems business located in Everett, WA.
Reporting to the Quality Manager the Quality Engineer plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for industrial processes, materials and products by performing the following duties.
- Performs professional Quality Engineering assignments of a considerable complexity under direction with considerable discretion as to work details.
- Designs, installs, and continually evaluates complex quality assurance and/or control methods and systems.
- Designs fixtures and processes to insure the continuing maintenance of product quality; may conduct vendor visits to insure quality; analyzes reports and returned products to determine quality trends and recommends correction action.
- May participate in materials review activities to determine material disposition.
- Develops standards and procedures to provide quality guidance and methods.
- May assign work to inspectors and technicians.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; and at least two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in the Aerospace industry
- FAA Certification
- Lean manufacturing / Six Sigma certification
- Experience with RCCA
- Experience working with material review board
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.