Engr Manufacturing 1Businesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 470504 Date posted 01/11/2019 City Everett State Washington Country United States
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
The Water/Waste Systems division of Collins Aerospace, formerly B/E Aerospace, is the sole source lavatory provider for the Boeing 737 MAX program. The Water/Waste Systems’ Advanced Lavatory is a cutting edge product, offering a unique value proposition that allows airlines to increase revenue and lower operational cost. Our highly dedicated team is situated next to Paine Field in Everett, Washington. From this state of the art manufacturing and engineering facility, the Water/Waste Systems supports its global airline customer base as well as the OEM.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Manufacturing Engineer in our Lavatories & Water/Waste Systems business located in Everett, WA.
Reporting to the Manufacturing/Operations Manager the Manufacturing Engineer performs conventional, less complex engineering assignments that may involve equipment or product design, testing of materials, preparation of specifications, process studies, or research investigations.
- Performs professional Manufacturing Engineering assignments of a moderate degree of complexity under direction and supervision with some latitude for independent action and decision.
- Applies basic engineering principles to perform routine design, fabrication, modification and evaluation in support of manufacturing operations.
- May prepare plans, process specifications and procedures, production aids and assembly fixtures, MRP support studies, factory cost work standards and assignments of similar complexity and magnitude where technical supervision provides an outline of tasks to be performed and suggestions as to methods of approach and procedures to be followed.
- Conducts analysis or tests of a routine degree of complexity pertaining to the development of new methods, materials, processes or standards and provides recommendations accordingly.
- Participates with drafters, technicians, and others to contribute to project completion.
- Performs other related tasks as required.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university
- At least two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.