Structures Supervisor-Advanced Commercial EnginesBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01257066 Date posted 01/02/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking Accountabilitiesfor dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity for a Structure Supervisor to be based in E Hartford, CT.
The Structures Supervisor oversees the Advanced Commercial Engine Programs Structures team in the Compression Systems Engineering Module Center. In this supervisory position you will lead a team of 4-10 structures engineers and collaborate with additional partners and outsource engineering. This group is responsible for the development Fan/LPC structures on a variety of advanced engine concepts and technology development engines and rigs.
Your responsibilities include:
- Acting as the primary structures point of contact, and a part of the overall leadership team for the Component Integrated Product Teams (CIPTs).
- Collaborating with IPTs to provide structures engineers to work tasks in area of rotors, blades, static structures, and integration of module structures with the engine system.
- Assigning work, provide technical guidance, and review work of structures practitioners in these areas
- General supervision and development of employees in the group.
To be successful in this position, you should have the following experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in gas turbine structures, Ansys FEA, low and high cycle fatigue, and airfoil vibration
- U.S. Citizenship Required due to government program requirements.
- MS or above in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with conceptual and preliminary design optimization of metallic and composite material gas turbine structures
- Experience with technical communication to engineering and program executive management
- Experience with employee engagement and change management initiatives
- Excellent Judgment and professional maturity
- The ability to create positive relationships and craft clear communication
- Analytical Skills
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.