Sr Eng, ChemMtrlsEngrgBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01276730 Date posted 01/11/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have an excellent opportunity for a talented Mechanical Test Engineer in East Hartford, CT.
Would you like to be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation? Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As a part of our team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
As a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, we strive to find dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to contribute to a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
This position is for a Materials Characterization Test Engineer in the Pratt & Whitney Materials & Processing Engineering Materials Testing Laboratory. In this role you will focus on developing & executing test programs and test methods to define properties of turbine engine materials and components. Major mechanical characterization test types include thermo-mechanical fatigue, low cycle fatigue, high cycle fatigue, fracture mechanics, creep, stress rupture, tensile, impact and tribology. As an active member of several multi-functional problem solving teams, you will work closely with engineers and associates of other disciplines such as Structures, Project, Materials Development, Design, and Operations.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of coordination and execution of test programs to meet customer and needs including: specimen layout planning, extraction/fabrication, test fixture design and procurement, post test data analysis, and formal report writing.
- This position requires interaction with both internal and external design and testing resources, outside universities, service suppliers and materials engineers. This position will require daily interaction, oversight and coordination of in-house testing equipment and test area technicians.
- The final Grade/Level for this role will be based on Qualifications and Experience
- 10% Travel
To be successful in this position, you should have the following experience:
- B.S. degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering with 4+ years of engineering experience in a technical field OR
- M.S. degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering with 2+ years of engineering experience OR
- Entry-Level Ph.D. degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering
- U.S. citizen due to government contract requirements
- Servo-hydraulic testing experience
- Experience in data analysis automation methods or database management (Granta)
- Experience with high temperature (2500F+) and composite work
- Experience with CAD design, structural analysis, part definition and fabrication
- Experience with MTS FlextesT control systems or similar
- A strong mechanical background.
- This job is particularly suited for an individual who is hardware oriented, hands-on and an experimentalist.
- Excellent Judgment and professional maturity
- The ability to create positive relationships and craft clear communication
Our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.