Specialist, Information Systems Security OfficerBusinesses United Technologies Research Center Job ID 01292797 Date posted 02/11/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:RC1: United Tech Research Center 411 Silver Lane, East Hartford, CT, 06108 USA
United Technologies Research Center (UTRC) is currently seeking an Information Systems Security Officer/ Industrial Security Professional.
The scientists, researchers and engineers of United Technologies Research Center bring innovative thinking and disciplined research to the businesses of United Technologies (UTC). UTRC partners with UTC business units and external research organizations to expand the boundaries of science and technology through research and innovation, delivering technology options that meet and anticipate the needs of the marketplace. Founded in 1929, UTRC continues to produce innovations that open markets, expand opportunities and anticipate customer needs.
In this role, the candidate will serve as the Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) at the direction of the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) and support the overall security program at the direction of the FSO.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Execute Information System Security Officer (ISSO) responsibilities as assigned by the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) in alignment with applicable U.S. government cybersecurity policy;
• Monitor classified systems to ensure they are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with appropriate corporate and U.S. government cybersecurity policies and procedures;
• Conduct reviews and monitoring of IS to ensure compliance with security requirements;
• Perform configuration change management and information system vulnerability scanning in accordance with policies and procedures;
• Develop and update appropriate system documentation artifacts under the Risk Management Framework (RMF);
• Participate in cyber incident detection, analysis, containment, cleanup, remediation, and reporting in accordance with policies and procedures;
• Partner and coordinate with internal and external customers and security peers;
• Support internal projects and programs, including continuous process improvement initiatives and back-up support or management of internal systems.
• Support, as directed by the FSO, all disciplines within the security program to include Personnel Security, Physical Security, Document Control, Security Education, OPSEC, and the Insider Threat Program;
• Conduct security briefings and program indoctrinations/debriefings, support security self-inspections and audits, and investigate security incidents.
*Education / Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferably in cybersecurity, computer science, or IS management subject areas;
- Current CompTIA Security+ certification strongly desired.
- US Citizen
- At least 3 years’ experience in IT security and/or system administration in a Windows and/or Linux client/server networked environment;
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Security+ or other baseline information security certification identified in DoD 8570.01-M within 6 months of start date;
- Must possess an active U.S. government security clearance at the Secret level or higher;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to drive results and work in a time-sensitive, high pressure environment.
- Experience in an information assurance related capacity under the U.S. government NIST SP 800-series Risk Management Framework (RMF) guidelines;
- Experience with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP), or other system hardening and compliance or vulnerability assessment tools used to enforce security policies;
- Experience with Splunk or other security information and event management (SIEM) products
- Knowledge of clearance processing, document control, and physical security, including restricted areas, and SETA.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.