Senior Systems Administrator, Linux HPCBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01290075 Date posted 02/06/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Our Business Systems organization has an immediate opening for a Senior Linux HPC Administrator based out of East Hartford. This is a Senior Administrator position requiring experience with High Performance Computing (HPC) and Linux is responsible for the successful implementation, support, and integration of multiple HPC computational clusters running Red Hat Enterprise LINUX (RHEL).
You will also lead the core software and some engineering application installations in order to meet the computing needs of engineering projects utilizing standard project management tools and methodologies. Responsible for on-going customer communications and updates to project status.
You'll work with customers and IT resources at varying levels of organization; Responsible for documenting process improvements and standard work processes for Linux & HPC environments; Research and resolve problems make recommendations for process improvements and evaluating future technologies & strategies aimed at improving the Linux and HPC compute environments.
This position may require occasional after-hours support. In this role you will be required to certify in industry standard Security (Security+ or better) and Functional areas (RHEL Admin or better).
- Experience with Ansible and Configuration Management Automation
- Ability to understand application scaling issues related to problem resolution
- Ability to manage development of appropriate application benchmarks, analyze results and determine optimal configurations for processor type/speed, size of memory/cache, and memory interconnect fabric for customer problem domains
- Familiarity with IBM Platform LSF scheduler
- Knowledge of secure collaboration techniques and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated project management skills, PMP Certification preferred
Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Preferred fields include Networking, IT, Engineering or Computer Science
- Advanced degrees preferred
- Red Hat Certified Systems (RHCSA / RHCSE) or equivalent (LPIC) Security+ and/or Certified Information Systems Security Practitioner (CISSP) AIX / IBM CSA preferred
- PMP Certification preferred
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- You've obtained a Bachelor's Degree (required). Preferred fields include Networking, IT, Engineering or Computer Science
- U.S. Citizen (required due to Government contractual requirements)
- Minimum 3+ years as a Linux Systems Administrator
- You currently hold an active U.S. Government security clearance at Secret level or higher
- Obtain (within 6 months of hire) and maintain DoD-recognized cyber security baseline certifications such as CompTIA Security+
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Advanced degrees preferred
- You currently hold an Active Security Clearance (DOD 8570/8140) as a condition of employment
- 5+ years as a Linux Operating Systems and Administration preferably with the Red Hat family of Operating Systems
- Solid knowledge of Internetworking services: DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS, Samba, SSH, NTP, HTTP, etc. General networking skills and IP network design, InfiniBand
- Storage Architectures: SAN, SAS, SATA, Bandwidth, Performance & backup
- Experienced generating documentation, Standard work policies and procedures, Process Improvements and Root Cause Corrective Action Skills
- Independent thinker with superb troubleshooting skills
- Willingness to learn new technologies & take on new projects to grow experience
- Ability to work in a high energy, fast paced environment, able to adapt to changing business needs
- Highly self-directed and able to learn quickly with a solid ability to drive and deliver results
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrated organizational and leadership skills, examples of effective teamwork, a track record of consistently meeting deadlines and due dates
- You're comfortable working with minimal daily supervision and to balance numerous priorities
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure, in a fast-paced environment of rapidly changing demands
- Superb communication skills, written and verbal, with ability communicate in a clear and concise manner across various levels of the organization
- You're a great teammate with excellent judgment, interpersonal skills, cultural awareness and professional maturity
- Six-Sigma, Continuous Improvement, or Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) Associate Certification is preferred along with a proven track record of cost savings and continuous improvement accomplishments
- Executive presentation experience and comfortable interacting with senior executive leadership. Lead, facilitate and manage change effectively
- You are comfortable working Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Vision and Lync from an installation, configuration and troubleshooting perspective. SAP experience preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms