Senior Manager, MRP Systems Analyst (Digital Technology)Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01318182 Date posted 05/24/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Pratt & Whitney’s (P&W) Digital Technology team is seeking a high-energy individual to lead technology projects and the Digital Technology Supply Chain (DTSC) team. This role will work with business leaders in the Supply Chain and Materials Management organizations.
The individual will be responsible for the design, configuration, testing and implementation DT projects that support our planning processes including: Demand, Supply and SI&OP planning
In this position, you will use your technical background to develop solutions to complex issues and make recommendations for strategic changes to our landscape that will improve the reliability and accuracy of existing applications. This role will require you to use your demonstrated organizational and leadership skills, examples of effective teamwork. This position will require a high degree of collaboration across different teams to develop and execute DT solutions and strong project management, analytical and technical skills. Your willingness to learn new technologies & take on new projects to grow experience and ability to quickly adapt to changing business environments will be instrumental to success in this role.
- Develop and provide input to influence strategic business roadmaps for MRP (Material Resource Planning)
- Actively participate in software architecture and design, process improvement, document and communicate design specifications and details to other team members
- Play a direct role in programming, maintenance, technical support, documentations and administrations of SAP MRP solutions
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- Provide technical and functional expertise to ensure solutions meet business objectives, are reliable and scalable
- Manage project schedules, budget and resources ensuring to meet business requirements in a timely and cost effective manner
- Drive successful implementation of projects to achieve proposed benefits by utilizing organizational change-management skills
- Drive innovation and act as a change-agent
- Lead continuous improvement activities to improve application performance, quality and reliability
- Ensure production applications meet agreed upon service level expectations
- Lead and manage multiple projects at a time
Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree (required). Preferred fields include Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related business discipline(s).
- Certified Project Management Professional, ITIL Certification and/or SAP Certification desired
- 3+ years of extensive experience with ABAP programming and debugging in MM (Material Master), MRP (Material Resource Planning), PP (Production Planning) modules of SAP.
- Knowledge of SAP PPDS (Production Planning/Detailed Scheduling, demand planning, inventory and replenishment strategies
- Experience with industry standard ERP system implementations (waterfall and agile methodologies).
- U.S. Citizen (required due to Government contractual requirements)
- Technical and functional experience in S/4 HANA implementation
- Technical experience and a working knowledge in SAP IBP - Integrated Business Planning solution
- Experience/knowledge working in an aerospace environment is highly desirable
- Experience with Advanced Planning and Optimization (APO)
- Experience with cloud services and deployment is a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms