Senior Manager, SAP S/4 HANABusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01318182 Date posted 05/24/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Pratt & Whitney’s (P&W) Digital Technology team is seeking a high-energy individual to lead technology projects and the Digital Technology Supply Chain (DTSC) team. This role will work with business leaders in the Supply Chain and Materials Management organizations.
The individual will be responsible for the design, configuration, testing and implementation DT projects that support our planning processes including: Demand, Supply and SI&OP planning
In this position, you will use your technical background to develop solutions to complex issues and make recommendations for strategic changes to our landscape that will improve the reliability and accuracy of existing applications. This position will require a high degree of collaboration across different teams to develop and execute DT solutions.
- Develop and provide input to influence strategic business roadmaps
- Provide technical and functional expertise to ensure solutions meet business objectives, are reliable and scalable
- Manage project schedules, budget and resources ensuring to meet business requirements in a timely and cost effective manner
- Drive successful implementation of projects to achieve proposed benefits by utilizing organizational change-management skills
- Drive innovation and act as a change-agent
- Lead continuous improvement activities to improve application performance, quality and reliability
- Ensure production applications meet agreed upon service level expectations
Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree (required). Preferred fields include Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related business discipline(s).
- Certified Project Management Professional, ITIL Certification and/or SAP Certification desired
- You've obtained a Bachelor's Degree (required). Preferred fields include Computer Science, Information Systems or related business discipline(s).
- U.S. Citizen (required due to Government contractual requirements)
- 5+ years of experience with SAP Materials Management (MM) module and Production Planning (PP) module with an expert level understanding of MRP
- Advanced degrees preferred
- 5+ years of experience as Functional SAPS/4 HANAprogrammer and SDLC project management with a technical history of working with a complex SAP Enterprise systems, S&OP,MRP, andMMmodules within a manufacturing environment
- Prior experience as an ABAP developer or debugging is preferred
- Experience with Advanced Planning and Optimization (APO) preferred
- Results oriented with intense focus on success and achievement despite obstacles both within and outside of direct control
- Strong business aptitude - ability to learn, understand and interpret business processes; ability to act in partnership with the business and be recognized as a valued contributor to business results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to conduct presentations to large organizations, as well as to executive and upper management teams
- Experience in supplier management, Project Management, SDLC, Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Good communication skills, work ethic and a high level of personal integrity and accountability
- Willingness to learn new technologies & take on new projects to grow experience
- Highly self-directed and able to learn quickly with a solid ability to drive and deliver results
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrated organizational and leadership skills, examples of effective teamwork, a track record of consistently meeting deadlines and due dates
- You're comfortable working with minimal daily supervision and to balance numerous priorities
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure, in a fast-paced environment of rapidly changing demands
- Superb communication skills, written and verbal, with ability communicate in a clear and concise manner across various levels of the organization
- Excellent judgment, interpersonal skills, cultural awareness and professional maturity with executive presentation experience, comfortable interacting with senior executive leadership, lead, facilitate and manage change effectively
- Six-Sigma, Continuous Improvement, or Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) Associate Certification is preferred along with a proven track record of cost savings and continuous improvement accomplishments
- You are comfortable working Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms