SAP DeveloperBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01389370 Date posted 02/12/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work with Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
The sky has no limits!
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will join an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity for which you’ve been looking.
Inclusion Powers Innovation
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
This position is for a top-tier SAP Developer professional, working as part of a team supporting SAP based applications based on SAP Suite on HANA or S/4.
- Develop & Deploy solutions, apps, and services using the SAP HANA environment including SAP ABAP, Web Dynpro, EDI, ALE, iDOC, SLT.
- Work closely with team members through the full software development lifecycle:
- requirements gathering, business/systems analysis, documentation, development, testing and delivery.
- Follow proven configuration management and documentation standards.
- Evaluate SAP roadmap, provide recommendations on tools, Software and implementation strategies
- Basic Qualifications:
- US Citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 3-5 years of SAP software development experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- At least 2 full lifecycle SAP implementations
- Ability to work well with others as part of a professional high-performance team performing analysis, design, programming, unit testing and coordination of ABAP required for RICEFs
- Adaptable to change, enjoys learning new technologies, and contributes to a positive work environment
- Motivated self-starter with strong analytical skills
- Superb communication skills with experience in conveying technical information clearly
- Create and maintain technical specifications and other supporting documentation of custom ABAP code.
- Applies functional knowledge and technical expertise in the implementation of configuration changes and maintenance of software applications
- Preferred qualifications:
- Experience with multiple modules of SAP application, such as: PP, MM, PS, FI, QM, etc.
- Agile & SDLC software development experience
- Experience with MS Dynamics
- Experience with working with enterprise data/ETL and/or data integration platforms
- Possess a proven understanding of web services
- Experience working with Visio, and the Microsoft Suite
- SAP Certification
Pratt & Whitney is a place where the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this linkto read the Policy and Terms