Quality Execution Systems Senior ManagerBusinesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 71075BR Date posted 08/09/2018 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country US
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. Group Quality is seeking an energetic individual to develop, design and deploy online quality manufacturing execution systems, e.g. SAP and Solumina.
As a Quality Execution Systems Senior Manager, you will support the execution of P&W Quality Digital Technology (DT) projects. You will work with core DT disciplines, outsourced server providers, and customers to ensure that the overall DT needs and objectives of the business are met. You will also be providing technical innovation for new and existing Quality Assurance software. During phase releases, you will be developing, preparing and executing unit test plans, training customers and providing go-live support to ensure project success.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Streamline business workflow processes and develop effective technologies to meet business requirements
- Work with P&W and DXC resources to develop applications supporting business objectives
- Manage software life cycle development processes
- Communicate effectively with executive management
- Demonstrate proficiency with software life cycle development processes
- Convey complex technical concepts concisely to non-DT business professionals
- Lead successful process improvement initiatives
- Travel may be up to 10%
- Bachelor's Degree required, Engineering or related technical field of study preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience supporting Quality, Manufacturing or Engineering
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Master’s Degree
- Experience with online business systems such as SAP and Solumina
- Experience with SharePoint, website design, SQL server, mobile application development and deployment strategies
- Detail and results oriented with good problem solving skills
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Excellent Judgment and professional maturity
- Ability to create positive relationships and craft clear communication
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work effectively with associates at all levels throughout the organization
- Computer skills- Proficient in Word, Power Point, Excel, Access, Project
- Highly motivated and a self-starter with a strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Education: Bachelor's Degree required, Engineering or related technical field of study preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.