Digital Technology Project ManagerJob ID 01390045 Date posted 02/12/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work with Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
The sky has no limits!
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will join an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity for which you’ve been looking.
Inclusion Powers Innovation
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Responsibilities of the DT Project Manager will include:
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Develop and lead a detailed project timeline and work plan
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and handle resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the perfect execution of projects
- Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
- Track project costs in order to meet budget
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various partners about status, scope change and risks
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Utilize industry standard methodologies, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and very resourceful
- Confirmed ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, business or related field.
Experience/Qualifications: The successful candidate will possess 5+ years of project management experience proven capability in several of the following areas:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Proven ability to creatively troubleshoot problems creatively
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and ideal practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proven ability to execute projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
The successful candidate will be a proactive, highly motivated self-starter and customer advocate, possessing:
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team of diverse skill sets and personalities
- Ability to recognize areas for process improvement and formulate actionable plans to address such areas
- Ability to prioritize and work multiple priorities at one time.
Additional Comments: Must be a US Person.
Pratt & Whitney is a place where the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this linkto read the Policy and Terms