HVAC MechanicBusinesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 71935BR Date posted 09/14/2018 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country US
Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, the company has locations around the United States and across the world.
We are a global leader in aviation propulsion and we are behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products.
Do you have the experience to join our Team?
We are currently looking for a 1st shift HVAC Mechanic to assist with our East Hartford facility.
- High School Diploma
- D1/D1 with OE2 License
- 1+ HVAC Experience
- Completion of Accredited HVAC Program
- 3+ years HVAC Experience
- S1 or S2 License and EPA Certification
- Perform the facilities work necessary to operate, install, overhaul, maintain and repair a variety of equipment assigned to facilities services for distribution and supply of energy and utilities used for heating, cooling and ventilation systems including installation and removal of equipment.
- Operate, maintain, service and repair equipment, systems and control devices for providing heat, water cooling air and other utilities and to support plan operations.
- Work from drawings, sketches and manuals to perform system installation work, make adjustments and replace component assemblies and parts as required to restore service.
- Overhaul standard piping systems and related component pumps and other similar devices.
- Obtain required materials and equipment and prepare details by cutting, bending and fitting.
- Assist others responsible for completing complex projects for new and refurbished systems.
- Perform similar duties throughout the facility within the scope and skill level of this job description. Assist other trades working on joint projects where common skill crossover provides the opportunity for shared responsibilities and more effective use of available skills. May be required to train for, obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits and certifications within trade specialization.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.