Facilities ElectricianBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01290593 Date posted 02/11/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, the company has locations around the United States and across the world.
We are a global leader in aviation propulsion and we are behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products.
Do you have the experience to join our Team? An opportunity exists to join us in the role of Facilities Electrician.
- Perform electrical construction or maintenance work necessary to install and repair electrical systems and interrelated components following standardized methods, applicable codes and engineering specifications for facilities and equipment in assigned area.
- Under direction of supervisor, follow instructions and drawings to determine component requirements, plan sequence of tasks, obtain required support services and tools and equipment to carry out assignments. Check to assure equipment and supplies are available.
- Communicate changes to those responsible for operation, care, use and maintenance of equipment and proper servicing practices and work in support of others on special assignment.
- Perform similar duties throughout the facility within the scope and skill level of this job description, assist other trades working on joint projects where common skill crossover provides the opportunity for shared responsibilities and more effective use of available skills.
- Perform system installation, maintenance and repair work and carry out preventive maintenance and service as required.
- Your knowledge of electricity and electronics, A.C. and D.C. circuits, various phase power and distribution systems and working knowledge of electrical code will be applied to industrial work, including installations possibly in hazardous areas.
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
- 1+ years experience reading complex drawings and schematic diagrams, use shop mathematics and understand principles of solid state devices
- 2+ years of trades training along with 4+ years of industrial electrical maintenance experience.
- 3+ years experience reading complex drawings and schematic diagrams, use shop mathematics and understand principles of solid state devices
- 3+ years of trades training along with 5+ years of industrial electrical maintenance experience.
- E1 or E2 license
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.