Enterprise ArchitectBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01389412 Date posted 02/12/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity for which you’ve been looking.
Inclusion Powers Innovation
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
We are looking for a hardworking, enthusiastic, and career-minded Enterprise Application Architect. This role will set the strategy and technical direction ensuring our application eco-system is rationalized, integrated and delivers business outcomes.
You are expected to have a thorough understanding of complex IT systems and stay up to date with the latest application development lifecycle standards as well as standard methodologies in securing application development and implementation.
You will work with our enterprise architecture team to align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy.
A successful candidate for this position must possess both a deep and wide software development skills with both traditional and ‘open’ technology stacks.
Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Identify and document current and future state architectures
- Collaborate across the organization with architects, project managers and technical managers to develop overall implementation architectures
- Lead architecture reviews to assess risks, identify gaps and provide recommended solutions
- Develop standard work to promote and develop architecture standard methodologies
- Establish architecture principles
- Define and promote architecture methodology, process, work and templates
- Share standard methodologies, lessons learned and maintain updated technical system architecture requirements based on changes in technology and the market
- Works closely with the different platform owners in creating and maintaining their roadmaps and ensures enterprise alignment and integration
- Develops programming and development standards and procedures as well as programming architectures for code reuse.
- Demonstrates skills in the concepts and applicability of design patterns, microservices and general architecture standard methodologies
- Establishes and maintains governance of solutions across the enterprise
- Work closely with the Enterprise Architecture team in continuous improvement of IT operational and technical standards
- Provides domain expertise in the software development landscape including languages, repositories, IDE (Integrated development environment), content management, web and application platforms, mobility, containers application level security and API development.
- Works under minimal supervision on complex projects and may assist less expert peers.
- Wide latitude for independent judgment.
Do you meet the Basic Qualifications?
- U.S. Citizen (required due to Government contractual requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years professional business experience developing and implementing enterprise IT systems
- 2+ years of architecture related experience as a combination of system/solution architecture or demonstrated design experience for IT solutions
- Ability to understand and analyze complex business processes and interactions
- Advanced degree or other professional certification in an IT related field preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to gain consensus on technical challenges and to convert business requirements to applicable designs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for technology and an ability to learn quickly while staying abreast of cutting edge industry technologies/changes.
- Strong facilitation and leadership skills
- Evaluating and developing broad technology leadership in architecture for large-scale enterprise solutions.
- Experience modeling analyzing and prototyping alternate solutions.
- Developing architectural standards documents and presentations.
- Apply concepts of application architecture and service orientation to assist teams responsible for developing application requirements
- Knowledge and experience with standards and standard methodologies for application development
- Experience in API Management solutions (API Gateway, Developer Portal, Analytics, API Security and API Monetization).
- Able to lead the effort to develop and understand enterprise integration requirements then use that knowledge to lead the evaluation, selection, implementation and support of integration tools and technologies.
- Experience setting the internal architecture of multi-layered applications and web services (REST and SOAP), thought to be deployed in a micro-services environment (Dockers, Kubernetes)
- Experience choosing and configuring automated testing frameworks with the goal of at least 80% coverage.
- Be able to evolve legacy application and middleware architecture from BUS-based towards a microservices based architecture
Pratt & Whitney is a place where the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this linkto read the Policy and Terms