ENG-SEV-Development Operations Engineering InternBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01352487 Date posted 09/11/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you’ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
At Pratt & Whitney Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Pratt & Whitney Aircraft is a recognized leader in the development of Gas Turbine Engines for Military, Commercial, and Power Generations applications. This is an opportunity to work as an intern in the Systems Engineering and Validation (SEV) organization. These positions are located in our East Hartford and Middletown, CT locations.
This is a summer intern position; May/June - August, 2020 and is located in East Hartford or Middletown, CT . The intern positions include but are not limited to work within one of the following disciplines in support of engine assembly and test: Ground Test Engineering, Measurement Systems Engineering, Test Systems Engineering, Assembly Engineering, Process Planning and Test Operations Engineering. Dependent on assignment, responsibilities may include: instrumentation management, assembly/disassembly direction, report writing, test monitoring, instrumentation installation, design of special test equipment, and engine hardware management.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- Pratt and Whitney is a government contractor, and as such, the current openings are for positions that require U.S. citizenship, U.S. permanent residency
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering degree program.
- Fields of study:pursuing a Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in mechanical, aerospace, electrical, or computer science
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and consistent record of collaboration, flexibility, innovation and initiative
- Previous intern experience at Pratt and Whitney or a similar engineering firm is helpful.
- Familiarity with testing, manufacturing, technical group projects are preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms