Director, Digital Technology - UTRCBusinesses United Technologies Corp. Headquarters Job ID 01334296 Date posted 07/10/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UT13: RC-CT - Corp 411 Silver Lane, East Hartford, CT, 06108 USA
With revenues of approximately $57 billion, United Technologies Corporation (UTC) is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products and services for the aerospace and commercial building industries. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney and Collins Aerospace Systems. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines. Collins Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products.
Ranked among the world’s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 196,000 employees globally.
The Director of Digital Technology for UTRC
- Be a thought leader and technology evangelist
- Analyze industry, market and technology trends and forecast impacts on the enterprise strategy and areas to implement these technologies UTRC
- Provide leadership and day-to-day oversight for digital technology function at UTRC
- Act as a focal point for UTRC and liaison into the digital technology organization
- Develop successful working relationships with the principals and leadership team at UTRC
- Create, develop and source a team to ensure flawless execution of the strategic roadmaps with a focus on supporting the UTRC mission
- Ensure the delivery of state-of-the-art devops and enterprise IT offerings and services to a community of ~600 users comprising the UTRC and technology community globally (4 sites across North America, Europe, and Asia)
- Be proactive in assessing emerging digital and mobility technologies to enable UTRC mission
- Responsible for user satisfaction and productivity, while ensuring compliance with security and export control requirements at UTRC
- Establish close working relationship with core functions at UTC corporate (legal, finance, ITC, etc) to ensure integrated approach to project planning and implementation.
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree in information technologies desired or related field, with a minimum of 10 years’ experience
- Successful track record in managing digital technologies for innovation focused and research oriented organizations
- Strong technical background with practical experience in the areas digital technologies and related infrastructures (i.e. cloud, mobility…)
- Action oriented and results driven with an ability to drive new and innovative solutions in alignment to the organizations / functions strategy.
- Ability to clearly and succinctly communicate with key business partners is critical, including senior executives.
- Deep understanding of engineering processes (i.e. Agile…) and collaborative development tools
- Successful track record in deploying best-in-class practices in cyber security, credentialing, data loss prevention
- Team leadership – Recruit and manage a diverse team and provide direction, understand resource capability, and successfully drive results by working with direct reports, and internal or external resources
- Innovation – Demonstrate genuine interest in deploying digital technologies for enabling an innovation focused and research oriented environment. Identify and understand new, enabling and leading-edge technologies and leverage this for both short and long term roadmaps and strategies.
- Designer & Implementation –Strong program management, program planning and technical knowledge of underlying digital technologies –adept at capturing organization needs and creating and implementing digital technology roadmaps & plans. Consistently identify areas of improvement.
- Collaboration – Team player with a strong capability in developing strong partnerships across functions to drive measurable operational results. Possess strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively at all levels within the company as an “active listener” and then able to deliver.
- Communication – Clearly and succinctly communicate with key business partners, including senior executives, and gain trust and buy-in of stakeholders to drive results. Must be able to build long term business relationships.
- Maintain exceptional leadership skills – Ability to recruit, motivate, evaluate and retain top digital talent.
- Take responsibility for setting the agenda, identifying issues and driving problem solving
Must Be Willing to Relocate to East Hartford UTRC Offices
US Citizen or US Person required as work may involve visibility to ITAR related projects
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms