Director, Digital Technology Global Delivery, Operations & QualityBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01314348 Date posted 05/03/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
The Director of Global Digital Delivery for Operations and Quality is a highly adaptable individual who will effectively manage the relationship between the Digital Technology Global Digital Delivery organization and the Operations and Quality business.
We are searching for an individual that will understand business challenges, find opportunities, and integrate strategic digital priorities across the Operations and Quality organizations.
You will have ultimate accountability to ensure that the organization’s digital technology needs are met. In addition to partnering with the business, you will work across the Global Digital Delivery operations and quality organization to translate business challenges into digital opportunities and solutions and communicate back to the business.
The Director, Global Digital Delivery (GDD), Operations and Quality will report to the VP & CIO.
- Digital Technology's point of contact for Operations and Quality leadership members
- Lead digital team, working closely with business partners across Operations and Quality, in defining digital technology roadmap for Operations and Quality
- Partner with the business to manage the demand of digital solutions for the organization ensuring they are aligned to the technology roadmap, including the annual waterline
- Responsible for delivery of digital initiatives for Operations and Quality within budget
- Responsible for Operations and Quality Digital Technology budget
- Lead support strategy for Global Digital Delivery
- Provide strategic direction and support for technology-related initiatives across the organization
- Work with the Digital Transformation Office to measure and understand the impact each digital opportunity for Operations and Quality
- Communicate and promote digital opportunities to the business partner as well as provide status of ongoing digital initiatives to our business partners
- Bachelor's Degree (required). Preferred fields include Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, Engineering or Business Management
- You are a U.S. Citizen (required due to Government contractual requirements)
- You've obtained a Bachelor's Degree (required). Preferred fields include Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, Engineering or Business Management
- 10+ years of technology infrastructure experience and/or IT leadership of technology within a corporate environment and/or manufacturing environment
- Advanced degrees preferred
- 10+ years leadership experience in Information/Digital Technology managing matrixed technical teams and technology implementation projects within an aerospace manufacturing corporate environment
- Due to expected travel requirements, you should have a valid US Passport or be able to obtain one.
- Ability to provide strategic technical leadership and lead by influence the creation of long-term strategy (e.g., more than 3 years) roadmaps in a virtual environment aligning and communicating with all levels of the business (senior executives leadership through end users)
- Ability to communicate and influence multi-disciplinary teams developing strong partnerships across functions to drive measurable collaboration, consensus and operational results
- Highly skilled at analyzing business process and seeing opportunities for digital solutions
- Experience in supplier management, Project Management, SDLC, Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Good communication skills, work ethic and a high level of personal integrity and accountability
- Willingness to learn new technologies & take on new projects to grow experience
- Highly self-directed and able to learn quickly with a solid ability to drive and deliver results
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrated organizational and leadership skills, examples of effective teamwork, a track record of consistently meeting deadlines and due dates
- You're comfortable working with minimal daily supervision and to balance numerous priorities
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure, in a fast-paced environment of rapidly changing demands
- Superb communication skills, written and verbal, with ability communicate in a clear and concise manner across various levels of the organization
- Excellent judgment, interpersonal skills, cultural awareness and professional maturity with executive presentation experience, comfortable interacting with senior executive leadership, lead, facilitate and manage change effectively
- Six-Sigma, Continuous Improvement, or Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) Associate Certification is preferred along with a proven track record of cost savings and continuous improvement accomplishments
- You are comfortable working Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Vision and Lync from an installation, configuration and troubleshooting perspective. SAP experience preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms