Data Architect/EngineerBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01290837 Date posted 02/07/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you’ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Have you considered what it would be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
This is a really exciting time at P&W as we've positioned ourselves for future success by hiring 5,000 employees in 5 years. As we continue to grow, there is a deep focus on our culture and a dedication to being a company that is transparent and mindful. We've built an environment where each and every employee has value.
A rare opportunity exists to join us in the role of a Data Architect/Engineer at our East Hartford, CT campus.
P&W Engine Services manages long term maintenance agreements with airlines worldwide. The portfolio includes contracts for P&W and IAE commercial engine models and covers services including: engine overhaul and repair, on-wing and off-wing maintenance planning, coordination of maintenance services, engine health monitoring, and logistical support.
You will work with process owners, system designers/developers and third party vendors on project teams to deliver data for use in both transactional business application and data warehouse constructs.
You will also work with the database management, data quality and governance analysts to ensure required data meets end use expectations.
You should have an end-to-end vision, and understand how a logical design will translate into one or more physical databases, and how the data needs to flow through the successive stages involved.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- You will be crafting, building, deploying and handling the organization's data architecture designs and build relational databases (transactional and analytical).
- Develop strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of a database.
- Identify and document business process owner data requirements.
- You will assess data availability and quality to support business process owner needs.
- Plan, document and build efficient extract, transform and load (etl) processes.
- Enforce data management standards, guidelines and practices.
- Communicate results and meaning to business process owner and data consumers.
- You are a US Citizen due to Government Contracts.
- A Bachelors degree in information systems, computer science, mathematics, or statistics is required.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in data warehouse and ETL development roles is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with RDBMS platforms (SQL Server, Oracle, etc.).
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with Teradata database platform (v15).
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with Hortonworks Hadoop (including Hive, Pig, YARN, Oozie).
- A minimum of 5 years of experience using SQL to create queries and analyze data.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with Data Modeling (logical and physical) using ERwin software.
- Strong presentation skills, written and verbal communications skills.
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office suite.
- Ability to work across organizations and with internal customers with diverse backgrounds.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.