Contracts Manager, Aftermarket Supply ChainBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01287331 Date posted 01/19/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Pratt & Whitney's Aftermarket Supply Chain is looking to fill a key position of Contracts Manager to support the Intellectual Property Licensing team. In this role you would be responsible for drafting, negotiating and managing a portfolio of contracts within Aftermarket Supply Chain supporting licensing as well as providing contracts support to OCE and Account Management groups. We need someone that can negotiate and draft strong contracts as well as be able to balance multiple priorities within a fast paced team. This position will report directly to the Associate Director of Licensing in East Hartford CT.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead supplier negotiations on legacy/GTF contracts
- Coordinate with legal for timely contract execution
- Develop and maintain standard work and strong templates for all key contracts
- Draft and negotiate licensing contracts and supply chain LTAs.
- Maintain contract portfolio pipeline and create/adhere to KPIs on contract execution.
- Lead the Repair Council Process for repair licensing.
- Achieve the highest levels of quality and internal/external customer satisfaction
- Drive partner satisfaction through delivery on commitments with a dedicated approach.
Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Preferred fields include Business Management, Engineering, Supply Chain or Legal Studies
- MBA or JD would be highly desirable
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- You've obtained a Bachelor's Degree (required). Preferred fields of study include Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or Legal
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident Status (Green Card Holder) required
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Contracts, Supply Chain, Operations or Business Development within the Manufacturing industry is required
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Advanced Degrees, JD or MBA is preferred
- 5 years' experience in contract drafting, with a highly adaptable attitude, and ability to navigate complex situations within Aerospace or Gas Turbine Aftermarket industry and MRO
- Familiarity with Aftermarket engine disassembly and re-assembly process and repair station environment is helpful
- Ability to track and report key business metrics across the organization while handling multiple projects and tasks with clear prioritization and organization
- Expert written and verbal skills with ability communicate in a clear and concise manner across various levels of the organization. Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural awareness
- Six-Sigma, Continuous Improvement, or Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) Associate Certification is preferred along with a proven track record of cost savings and continuous improvement accomplishments
- Executive presentation experience and comfortable interacting with senior executive leadership. Lead, facilitate and manage change effectively
- You are comfortable working Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. SAP Supply Chain Aftermarket Systems experience preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.