CE - Software Engineer InternBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01372199 Date posted 12/02/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you’ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow’s solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
The Pratt & Whitney Customer Training Center (CTC) is seeking a Software Engineering Intern to work on the next generation Extended Reality (XR) training solutions. Using the latest commercial hardware and software, the successful candidate will have the ability to prototype, build, and develop tools and processes to best deploy effective and repeatable XR training.
The Software Engineering Intern will:
- Collaborate on ongoing 3D modeling and animation projects
- Write clean, well-documented, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Diagnose, document and execute on issues reported by testers and users
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program
- Fields of study:Computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or game design or game development experience
- You are graduating between December 2020 – May 2023
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Adept in one or more high-level object oriented programming languages such as C# or C++
- Experience in at least one of the following: low-level computer graphics programming (OpenGL / DirectX) or commercial game engines (Unity3D, Unreal, CryEngine/ Lumberyard)
- Familiarity with standard VR/AR/MR development, hardware, software, best practices, and design patterns
- Thorough working knowledge of software processes (development, configuration, testing, and deployment)
- Ability to find creative solutions to abstract design problems, particularly with respect to translating real-world concepts and interactions into a VR/AR/MR environment
The ideal candidate will thrive on challenge, be self-motivated, self-directed, organized, and passionate about the latest technology; embrace collaborative teamwork and remain laser focused on creating ground-breaking user experiences while continually striving to be an expert in their field.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms